News   Jul 15, 2024
 105     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The suburbs in NYC dont all have subways. My family is in queens. Where they live is super nice. Its served by an above ground subway (you have to stand outside in the cold for transit in the winter, something originally I was told was treating Scarborough like 2nd class citizens). The farther you go out in queens though there is no subway. It also isn't as nice. But guess what? It also is not nearly as dense.

All 416 inner suburbs have either subway stations or reasonably short bus rides to a subway stations. Except much of Scarborough.

There is no good reason not to extend the subway along the Scarborough's busiest corridor. Especially when the only feasible alternative isn't cheap either.

I should have been more specific, Im talking about capital costs, not operating costs.

Rosedale was pennies to build vs any of the stations on the new Spadina extension, or what the SSE station will cost, for example.

While you are right (Rosedale was a lot cheaper to build than any of the underground stations), one of other posters keeps claiming that Scarborough cannot support more subway stations. Term "support" usually implies current / operating costs rather than one-time capital costs.

Trump Derangment Syndrome, Ford Derangment Syndrome, Subway technology Derangment Syndrome... Different week, same crap criticisms and derision.

If ain't going to be built along the preexisting right-of-way, it's going to cost multi billions of dollars. End of story! Politicians are far too cowardly to bulldoze hundreds of homes in order to facilitate an outcome otherwise.

8 Smart Subways across Entire GO Network, Innovation by Sharon Yetman.png

Attachments

• 8 Smart Subways across Entire GO Network, Innovation by Sharon Yetman.png
    8 Smart Subways across Entire GO Network, Innovation by Sharon Yetman.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 494
Time the one stop subway is scrapped.
Time the three stop subway is scrapped.
Time the 10 stop LRT is scrapped.
Time for "Smart Subways" which uniquely provides a Subway Kennedy to Markham and back at a 90% discounted price. All you require is 10 short trains to "fill in the gap" between the long commuter trains, now providing 2 WAY SUBWAY LIKE SERVICE, with "free storage in the "OPEN HYDRO CORRIDOR SPACE", AND ALL YOU REQUIRE is 10 little short trains at a cost of about 4 million dollars each. NOW YOU HAVE A 10 STOP "Smart Subway" System. Andy Byford sadly rejected this "unsolicited proposal" in writing in 2012.
Your thoughts?

John Tory did not invent Smart Track ...
My work under the name of "Smart Subways" was invented in around 2011/12.
Sadly both John Tory ignored all emails over 4 years.
Sadly Jen Keesmaat, also ignored all emails while Chief Planner.
Maybe Jen will lead the way, using "Smart Subways", which in essence will mean,
Toronto Taxpayers will save the 4 Billion Dollars SSE and 8 Billion on the Relief Subway Also.
Since now with $3 GO Trains with free transfers, everyone will be using GO instead of Line 2 Westbound in the morning. This is similar to my Yonge/Bloor Work of 2008, called "Flow Technology", (know who to separate, when where, how and why) and this leads to increasing Line 1 Capacity y 50% in just 36 days, and leads to 12 Billion Dollars Taxpayer Savings, AND A FASTER AND MORE COMFORTABLE COMMUTE FOR ALL. I've waited 7 years to go public with this work called "Smart Subways" which reveals how to build subways at a 90% discount ! Questions?

ohhhhhhhhhh, that's right, we are in a municipal election.

Lets see the real cost breakdown.
no Michael - I'm not a politician. I am a Transit Innovator. Kindly don't mock until you know who you are mocking. Cost Breakdown: FREE TRAIN STORAGE, aside from a small amount of track, and a short shed covering with locks to keep out vandalism. 10 short 1 to 2 car trains cost about 4 million dollars each, and lastly, "my small innovation fee". Cost Savings 12 Billion Dollars. Any other questions?

This gives me a migraine
Okay, so let's just deal with the SSE.
You basically have a train system between Kennedy Station and the Town of Markham.
Trains run in both directions every 5 minutes.
No digging required.
Trains are stored in the hydro corridor.
10 short trains are required to provide such service.
Now you have 10 "subway stops".
Now you save 4 Billion Dollars.
If you wish to "not go downtown", you than transfer to Line 1 or the the Crosstown.
If you wish to go downtown on an EXPRESS GO TRAIN from Kennedy. just hop on for free for all "prepaid TTC fare tickets" or anyone using the "service subway line" between Markham & Kennedy.

Back