News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I demand that they extend the Scarborough subway to downtown Markham, because why should anyone be forced to transfer outside of a major growth centre? Why does Vaughan deserve subways but not Markham?

I understand that you are being sarcastic here, but such demands will undoubtfully be made for real when / if SSE is finalized and is under construction.

Though, I would not pay too much attention to such proposals, because of two factors: a) Markham does not elect member of Toronto City Council, and thus cannot influence the funding of other TTC's expansion projects such as DRL; b) the subway extension to either STC or Sheppard will approach the limit of the reliable-operation length.

You realize everybody in those buildings could fit onto 2 GO trains. For a city of Toronto's size, that's not exactly inspiring for 25+ years as a growth centre.

I don't dispute that; but the previous poster said "no one wants to live/work there" and that's obviously not true.

I was exaggerating. To clarify, not many people want to live there.

Fair enough. STC is more of a transfer node than a destination on its own. We can't guarantee that the subway extension will bring a lot of new development right to STC; I don't fully buy John Tory's theory on that.

I still believe that the subway extension will make the life of existing riders much easier.

The transit "haves" forcing transfer LRT on Scarborough.

I'm going to hammer these points over and over and over and over again until you wake up and understand them.

There is no vendetta against Scarborough

Subways are not justified in Scarborough because it lacks the density---not because of some Grand Conspiracy.

It's people like you that have absolutely destroyed the climate in Toronto so much that we cannot have a rational conversation about building transit in the proper mode in the proper place as justified by population density and ridership.

If you were in charge you would bankrupt this City for generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one going in the same direction should ever have to transfer. The subway should go to Rouge Hill at least since it's the same direction /s.

Why? Just because? Someone should warn people transferring at St George from southbound to eastbound or westbound to northbound that they'll still be going in the same direction. The horror, the horror...

I bet you've never taken a bus from Finch either.

Why? Just because? Someone should warn people transferring at St George from southbound to eastbound or westbound to northbound that they'll still be going in the same direction. The horror, the horror...

I bet you've never taken a bus from Finch either.
I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.

I'm going to hammer these points over and over and over and over again until you wake up and understand them.

There is no vendetta against Scarborough

Subways are not justified in Scarborough because it lacks the density---not because of some Grand Conspiracy.

It's people like you that have absolutely destroyed the climate in Toronto so much that we cannot have a rational conversation about building transit in the proper mode in the proper place as justified by population density and ridership.

If you were in charge you would bankrupt this City for generations.

IM ASKING ONLY FOR A SUBWAY TO STC & THE DENSITY SUPPORTS SUBWAY. ACTUALLY ITS BETTER THAN 80% OF THE CURRENT STOPS, ITS IS LIKELY BETTER THAN 90% WHEN THEY WERE BUILT. ITS A MAJOR GROWTH CENTER THAT SHOULDNT BE ISOLATED. A 5-7 STOP SURFACE SUBWAY IS MUCH MORE USEFUL THAN A SURFACE LRT. AND WONT BANKRUPT US

IM NOT ASKNG FOR SUBWAY ON SHEPPARD. I WANT TO SEE THE STUB CONVRTED TO LRT SO SCARBOROUGH COMMUTERS AERNT INCONVENIENCED FURTHER.

BUT YOU CANT READ AND ONLY HEAR SUBWAY SUBWAY SUBWAY. WE BUILT SUBWAYS BEFORE AND WE MIGHT AS WELL FINISH CONNECTING THE CITY's LAST SUBURBAN CENTER ON THE MAIN ARTERY. YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE INTEGRATION OF SCARBOROUGH. NOR DO YOU CARE. I DONT CALL IT A VENDETTA I CALL IT LACK OF RESPECT BY THOSE THAT LIVE OUTSIDE OF SCARBOROUGH AND HAVE PUT ZERO PRIORITY ON INTEGRATION

^Holy shit, stop yelling. Also, like I said before, it would be the least used 6km stretch of subway on the entire system.

Because its a stupid One stop plan. Add in 2 more stops and that line is BS. Replace the RT with Subway and it will be highly used. The RT sucks and already has better ridership between Lawrence, STC & McCowan.

The whole debate has been butchered by garbage Political plans that disrespect Scarborough's integration. It shouldn't be this hard

Last edited:
You clearly should look at what is currently built in this City. So we can integrate Scarborough appropriately.

You clear have missed the last 2 elections.

You clearly get all your "facts" from the Toronto Star & Metroland and fail to see the bigger picture

You are clearly not capable of thinking beyond one technology and individual areas to create am effective plan

North York Center, Vaughan Center, Islington, Soon to be Richmond Hill Center. All will or have layed a more attractive foot print for commuters and possible business. SCC is not attractive an isolating transfer. A subway stop will give it the best chance. But you could care less.

Because its a stupid One stop plan. Add in 2 more stops and that line is BS. Replace the RT with Subway and it will be highly used. The RT sucks and already has better ridership between Lawrence, STC & McCowan.
And STC wouldn't have greater ridership than 90% of stops either if you add the 2 stops, so if my line is BS, your line is BS too.

Back