News   Jul 19, 2024
 618     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.9K     6 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 926     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Ford wants to borrow $600 Million for this sham. Apparently.

To be fair, previous council was willing to pay for 700M$ for new streetcars without a plan on how to pay for them. I don't see the problem of borrowing 600M$ to pay for that subway and use surplus to pay back the debt.

Solid Snake:

Err, Metrolinx has a deadline of Aug 2. And as a lukewarm supporter of a BD extension, I certainly don't have any issue with debt financing - except for the continued snake oil fiscal arrangements being put forth as the solution.

AoD

Last edited:
To be fair, previous council was willing to pay for 700M$ for new streetcars without a plan on how to pay for them. I don't see the problem of borrowing 600M$ to pay for that subway and use surplus to pay back the debt.

I leave it to others to pick apart the stupidity of this post. Apples to oranges is all I say.

Solid Snake:

Err, Metrolinx has a deadline of Aug 2.

AoD

yes and if council doesn't make up their minds, they stop working on the SRT to avoid wasting money, they don't cancel the project.

They will stop until council makes up their mind. City manager made it clear that the 1.8B$ for the SRT will not be removed. It's a binding agreement.

I leave it to others to pick apart the stupidity of this post. Apples to oranges is all I say.

I leave it to others to pick apart the stupidity of your reply without having the common sense to ask me to clarify what I meant.

I wan't trying to compare. I was just trying to highlight that we have paid 700M$ in the past (Just as the city manager was explaining earlier) and I don't see the problem in taking a 600M$ risk for the Scarborough subway when Andy Byford of the TTC clearly stated that the numbers are there and the subway would be viable and attract more people.

The risk is acceptable to me.

Stupid emotional replies like yours is what happen when you don't take a breather for 30 seconds and ask this instead:

Snake? What are you trying to say. Could you clarify?

That's how grown up talks

And here's a cheery thought:
@DavidHains 18m
If the subway conversion sinks the Sheppard LRT, then it’s not 7 LRT stops vs. 3 subway stops, but 34 LRT subway stops vs. 3 subway stops.

Just overheard this in the chamber:

"The mayor just learned for the first time that the LRT isn't on the road"

"Oh c'mon"

"I'm not kidding. They just took him out back to show him on a map"

Gosh I hope she was joking.

Just overheard this in the chamber:

"The mayor just learned for the first time that the LRT isn't on the road"

"Oh c'mon"

"I'm not kidding. They just took him out back to show him on a map"

Lol!!! I heard that one too!!!

I never had a problem with the current S(L)RT project to begin with. I always took issue with the SRT not being connected to Eglinton and the Eastern part of Eglinton not being grade separated.

Just ducking out of an meeting and catching up. This is all falling apart. Several Councillors have serious concerns now that they've heard from Ford. No federal money is on the table and the City could be on the hook for up to $1.2B after the Province puts in its share. I'm going to say that there will have to be substantial amendements to satisfy those concerns or this proposal is dead.

Back