News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 562     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

1595972412902.png

The Dundas lanes at Broadview to River have a sign saying temporary bike lane. Temporary?
Officially they are temporary for a period of about 2 years. I don't think anyone expects them to actually get removed at the end of the period though.

Much like Richmond-Adelaide and Bloor were "temporary" at first.

Officially they are temporary for a period of about 2 years. I don't think anyone expects them to actually get removed at the end of the period though.

Much like Richmond-Adelaide and Bloor were "temporary" at first.
IDK, the Dundas ones, especially between Broadview and River have a very temporary feel to them. Eastbound from River there's no bollards between the DVP on-ramp and Broadview, encouraging cars to encroach into the bike lane, especially when one (or usually two - can't they space them?) streetcars are waiting to turn up Broadview.

Westbound there's zero protection against right turning vehicles at River. If there was anywhere on this stretch that needed protection from heavy construction and other vehicles it is this very spot.

5123a28b-7e5e-476e-869a-cc451ab3065e-jpeg.255025

Coming Soon: Bloor St. Bike Lane Extension
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

This was taken yesterday (Tue Jul 28). Bloor St. between Symington and Lansdowne, under the Barrie GO tracks.

Why will the bike lanes be level with the automobile traffic lanes instead of level with the sidewalks? While going downhill is fine, going back uphill needs the cyclists to speed up on the downhill to make it up on the uphill. Some can't do it.

Why will the bike lanes be level with the automobile traffic lanes instead of level with the sidewalks? While going downhill is fine, going back uphill needs the cyclists to speed up on the downhill to make it up on the uphill. Some can't do it.

Those aren't particularly steep hills...

Yes, would be nice if the bike lanes were lifted to sidewalk level. I wonder how much that would cost though...probably the same as doing all of the rest of the bike lane work. :)

Those aren't particularly steep hills...

Yes, would be nice if the bike lanes were lifted to sidewalk level. I wonder how much that would cost though...probably the same as doing all of the rest of the bike lane work. :)

Cost is basically rubber stamped for automobiles (IE. Gardiner Expressway Hybrid Design), but must be looked at with a magnifying glass for cyclists.

Recently on Bloor East in front of Cartier.
View attachment 260682

I don't know if you're on Twitter.

But if you are, and you see something like this; Tweet it and Tag https://twitter.com/TPS_BikeHart

She's a parking enforcement officer (on a bike) who is more than happy to respond in real time if she physically can.

I've known her, upon being flagged to change her enforcement plan and bike to somewhere where there is a problem or get another officer to check it out.

Back