UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
More Great Places to Visit at Doors Open Toronto This Weekend
ALSO

Councillors under investigation

AlvinofDiaspar

Reaction score
Tory got re-elected and probably won't pursue a third term.
I am sure he will sleep fine.
I don't think he was so definitive after this last election. In any case, he could easily have argued his support has nothing to do with the behaviour of the councillor part of parcel of this case, etc.

AoD

Amare

Reaction score
Let's be honest, if convicted, we all know Grimes wont be removed from office as our system usually likes to go for the nice slapping of the wrist.

What I do hope is that the man is barred from running from future municipal elections, what he did was improper and makes me wonder if he didnt disclose expenses properly for other municipal elections as well. At this rate, barring him from running for future elections is probably the only way this man will ever get out of office since many constituents have some kind of fad with electing him.

As for DiCiano, I think this is just the beginning for him. He seems a lot more suspect.

DSC

Reaction score
As far as I know there are now three current or recent Toronto Councillors under police investigation. di Ciano, Grimes and Mammoliti. Grimes was re-elected, di Ciano did not run and Mammoliti was defeated.

Here is an update from CBC on di Ciano and Grimes. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/di-ciano-grimes-opp-ito-search-warrant-1.4928528

I think this is the latest news on Mammo: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/05/03/councillor-giorgio-mammoliti-not-worried-about-opp-investigation-into-toronto-land-deal.html

Last edited:

DSC

Reaction score
Grimey (and Mammo) are still under investigation for the Parking Authority matters and that is, potentially, far more serious. It will be interesting if Tory give Grimes a major role with this hanging over his head.

ShonTron

Reaction score
Grimey (and Mammo) are still under investigation for the Parking Authority matters and that is, potentially, far more serious. It will be interesting if Tory give Grimes a major role with this hanging over his head.
He's back chairing the Exhibition Place board, making sure it's "open for business." Be it a shady club owner, a convention operator, or a professional sports behemoth.