Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

^By "hard to get into" do you mean via roads/transportation... or do you mean that real estate will be difficult to buy?

Across from Corus (northeast corner of Lower Sherbourne and Queen's Quay) is some major demolition. I believe this is where that box car/caboose restaurant used to be.

DSCN4693.jpg

DSCN4696.jpg

I wonder if your photos inspired Sam:

scrap_queensquay_01.jpg

Source

I was driving back into town from Waterloo and there's no difference between the architecture of this and the office parks along the 401.

I wonder if your photos inspired Sam:

scrap_queensquay_01.jpg

Source

We used to go to the Town & Country Restaurant regularly when I was kid when it was located on Jarvis Street. Still a shame to see this go even though I was never in this location. It looked kind of fun from the outside.

I'm not sure why exactly, but this one is starting to grow on me. If and when I figure out why, I'll let you know. I do know that I really like the glass on this one.

We used to go to the Town & Country Restaurant regularly when I was kid when it was located on Jarvis Street. Still a shame to see this go even though I was never in this location. It looked kind of fun from the outside.

Somehow re everything cleared out to the north, the modernism of the Chas. Abel office (and its sign) strikes me as the sadder loss...

It doesn't look too bad from this perspective, if you consider it infill and that other buildings will hopefully fill in the wow job still vacant... Somebody hire Alsop now that he again has an office in town!

At the very least, it will bring 100's of people to this currently desolate part of town, moving the waterfront's populated footprint further East.

Last edited:
It doesn't look too bad from this perspective, if you consider it infill and that other buildings will hopefully fill in the wow job still vacant. George Brown please hire Alsop!

At the very least, it will bring 100's of people to this currently desolate part of town, moving the waterfront's populated footprint further East.

Wasn't it Alsop who mentioned that he was going to stop designing buildings?

When the light is right and the glass takes on a very dark tinge, this building could easily pass for World Headquarters of some sort of evil empire.

Or perhaps it already does.

^ No doubt it will be used in movies in that capacity.

Alsop said he was going to stop designing buildings? Source please?

Re the demolition photos of the northest corner of Lower Sherbourne and Queens Quay. This is going to be part of the north end (north of Queens Quay) of Sherbourne Park. The 1.5 hectare year round 30 million dollar park already under construction east of the Chorus development. It is set to open in late 2010.

Back