News   Jul 04, 2024
 268     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 442     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 530     1 

Corrections To TTC.ca Route Schedules (Official Thread)

The online timetable for the 75 (Sherbourne) Northbound bus has the wrong cross street. The stop before Frederick is Lower JARVIS, they correctly note that Sherbourne is a few stops further on.

LOWER JARVIS at LAKE SHORE Accessible
SHERBOURNE at ESPLANADE FARSIDE Accessible
ESPLANADE at FREDERICK Accessible
THE ESPLANADE at SHERBOURNE

On a quasi-related note, I just noticed that the TTC has finally updated the Ride Guide map to reflect the various route changes sparked by the opening of the York University busway. Among other things, it confirms that Viva Orange is on the move in February.

On an even less-related note, I'm thinking that there might some merit for the TTC to consider renaming the 106 York University route to something like 106 Sentinel. Now that the 196 York University Rocket runs along the busway it would help if the two routes were better distinguished from one another, as they have very different routings and very different ride times? An unfamiliar rider heading to York U, upon arriving at Downsview on the subway, would likely assume that taking the 106 was likely to get them to York faster than waiting an extra 2 minutes for a 196. "York University" would still appear on the rollsign as the 106's destination, so it wouldn't be completely lost as a piece of information.

I note the trip planner is expected next week. We'll see how it deals with the branch issue.

Still no response from TTC on our corrections. I was going to ask Alice Smith at commission this week, but it was rather tense there, what with acknowledgment of major customer service problems (!) and a councillor asking for the resignation of the chair and CGM...

Note that TTC has started to post Service advisories to certain routes, with an orange banner. (Thanks, CPTDB)
For example the 501 currently shows this weekend's Dufferin detour: http://www3.ttc.ca/Routes/501/Eastbound.jsp
but there is nada on the Dufferin 29 page. Yeesh.

One of the last entries on the list of needed corrections mentions the lack of notification on north Yonge subway station pages about the early closures for tunnel work.

There are now two advisories to this effect on the station pages, e.g.:
http://www3.ttc.ca/Subway/Stations/North_York_Centre/station.jsp

Yonge Subway - Last train times

Sunday to Friday earlier closure - Eglinton Station to Finch Station.

Last updated January 20 2010, 12:24 PM
Yonge Subway - Tunnel Maintenance

Temporary late evening closure between Eglinton Station and Finch Station.

Last updated January 20 2010, 7:49 AM

Back