News   Apr 25, 2024
 335     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Corktown

The building under construction on King E (across from studio b) is going to house http://www.unifor.it

Click on 'english' (unless you speak Italian) - 'exhibition' - 'showroom' - 'Melbourne' --- and have a look at pics of the location.

Hopefully we get something as slick as that.

Retail news from last night's CRBA meeting, though plans could still change.

A Starbucks will open at 510 King in the easternmost retail unit, with the little patio, likely spring/summer 2013.

Also planned for the retail units at 510 King or 569 King: a bed & bath store (Homesense?) & a sandwich shop (Subway?)

A Starbucks will open at 510 King in the easternmost retail unit, with the little patio, likely spring/summer 2013.

Also planned for the retail units at 510 King or 569 King: a bed & bath store (Homesense?) & a sandwich shop (Subway?)

I hope you're wrong about which sandwich shop and bed and bath store. Corporate chain food like Subway with its screaming ugly yellow signage and crappy 'food', or home sense's dreck is not the direction I envisioned for the rebirth of King East.

Last edited:
I hope you're wrong about which sandwich shop and bed and bath store. Corporate chain food like Subway with its screaming ugly yellow signage and crappy 'food', or home sense's dreck is not the direction I envisioned for rebirth of King East.

KE area is currently home to many mid- to high-end furniture stores, so home sense would seem out of place.

Can anyone tell me about the French Quarter East building (120 Lombard - http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontario/toronto/french-quarter-east/) and what it's like to live in this building/area?

The SallyAnn across the street seems sketch, but walking down to King E. was nice.

The French Quarter is far from Corktown : you are more likely to get responses if you post in St Lawrence neighbourhood thread.

I know nothing about the building (inside) but the neighbourhood is fine and it is righ across the street frrom St James' Park and close to the Market.

Thank you for the update! I always love to know what's new and proposed for the area. I tend to ingore all the persistent, negative comments on this forum.

Was hoping a coffee shop would open at the easternmost unit. Perfect location with the patio. Homesense would be a great addition too since some of us don't have unlimited resources to always shop at high-end retailers haha. And for those (like me) who enjoy shopping for deals :) I think I'd be in there daily for my business (and for myself).

Thanks again...would really appreciate any further updates from the CRBA meetings (I'm guessing that I can join once I'm a resident?)

Let's hope the food isn't too 'greasy' or gives you 'gas'. :D

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 2W6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 288199 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 3, 2012

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations and change of use from auto garage to restaurant greater than 30 seats.

Back