News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Corktown

King & Berkeley. Anyone know whats going on with the old Transmission shop?

trannyshop.jpg

I believe Brad Lamb acquired this property along with a small connecting frontage of King East. If it is well integrated and doesn't dwarf the heritage theatre to the north I think this could be a great infil project.

Last edited:
Really like that they are stripping the probably 25 coats of paint on the facades of 555/7? King East on the south side between the new condos - I think it will really improve the streetscape in the immediate area.

The Ritchies Auction building has been seeing demolition and repair activity recently; apparently Studio B from the building at King and Parliament is moving in.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1K9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 199896 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 20, 2011

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Permit for interior to existing retail space - Studio B Home.

The Ritchies Auction building has been seeing demolition and repair activity recently; apparently Studio B from the building at King and Parliament is moving in.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1K9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 199896 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 20, 2011

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Permit for interior to existing retail space - Studio B Home.

I wonder if they'll do anything interesting with the parking space out front, or if it'll just remain an ugly surface parking lot. I'm going to assume the latter, but you never know.

Would be an amazing opportunity for a patio like TeAro or Ceili Cottage (both on Queen East)

te-aro-983-queen-st-e-toronto-ontario-canada-m4m-1k2-leslieville-with-yelp-restaurant-reviews.jpg

ceilicottage.jpg

Has the market/cafe opened yet? Used to peek in to see what would become of this but it did seem to take forever..
Wow, the market/cafe at King & Sackville is taking forever! Here's hoping they get a license and a patio.

Always found the coffee at SG to be very weak - which is unfortunate, because otherwise I would have spent more time there!

The Canadian Lung Association building at SW corner of King and St Lawrence is up for sale - they were posting the signs today. Condo, anyone?

Would it depend on how much it is listed for? I assume they could only build up to ten stories there.

This is site just east of the Volvo Dealer at Front/Eastern and Trinity:

47 EASTERN AVE
Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Site Plan Approval 11 214198 STE 28 SA Jun 8, 2011 Jun 8, 2011
Proposal to construct new two-storey plus mezzanine Honda/Accura dealership complete with four levels of above-ground parking and rooftop parking. Also see related ZC file 10-282165.

I'm assuming this would include Downtown Acura which is currently at Front & Sherbourne? Makes sense considering that parcel is slated for development.

I'm assuming this would include Downtown Acura which is currently at Front & Sherbourne? Makes sense considering that parcel is slated for development.

Yes, they have a rendering of the uninteresting new building hanging on their front window.

There is now (11 July) a Committee of Adjustment meeting announcement posted on the site saying they want to build a 7 floor building which includes 5 parking levels. It comes up at the Committee's July 20th meeting, the agenda for which is not yet online at http://www.toronto.ca/planning/coa-tey-schedule.htm

Last edited:

Back