News   Apr 30, 2024
 178     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

Corktown

The BGM building has a LEASE sign back up, fro the new owner. I guess the plan was to gut and re-rent. Perhaps the owner has taken over 1 floor and plans to lease the remaining?

That's to be the new home of Italinteriors, currently at King and Berkeley. Seen renderings and it looks great - three storey building with glass facade with a brick/metal frame.

King & Berkeley. Anyone know whats going on with the old Transmission shop?

trannyshop.jpg

King & Berkeley. Anyone know whats going on with the old Transmission shop?

The permit says 'retail store"
TORONTO ON M5A 2W6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 152373 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Apr 28, 2011

Project: Retail Store Multiple Projects

Description: Facade alterations to east and south walls and interior alterations for new openings in existing auto service and repair shop - to be converted to new retail store - (DS Apr 6 2011)

Apparently the Infinity Dealership at 43 Eastern is closed/closing and they are opening up a Infinity Boutique at 549 King East - the Corktown District condo. I gather its a temporary thing but not really sure what the story is. Another chapter in the ongoing first parliament land swap shenanigans.

Very interesting... apparently Volvo now is in the old (new?) Infiniti dealership - I'm very surprised considering how new that property is!

I'm always surprised at how many car dealerships are OK'd in the Corktown area:
- Mercedes at Dundas/River
- Volvo (now some other brand?) at at Dundas/River
- Infiniti (now Volvo?) on Eastern Ave
- Audi at Shuter/River
- Chrysler on Eastern AveAudi at Shuter/River
- Porsche at King/Parliament
- Acura at Front/Sherbourne (stretching the Corktown boundary very slightly)

Volvo has already moved into the old Inifinity Dealership. (at least their signage has).

Interesting about the Infiniti Showroom... not the best use of the space, but better than it sitting vacant, and much better than if it were, as rumoured, a Coffee Time.

The BGM Building is said to be turning into a large womens' spa. This is what it's envisioned to look like, at least in the leasing document.

BGMbuilding-01.JPG

Attachments

• BGMbuilding-01.JPG
    BGMbuilding-01.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 366
Interesting about the Infiniti Showroom... not the best use of the space, but better than it sitting vacant, and much better than if it were, as rumoured, a Coffee Time.

The BGM Building is said to be turning into a large womens' spa. This is what it's envisioned to look like, at least in the leasing document.

View attachment 7332

That's very politically correct of you 299, some people still say 'fat'.;)

Yes I went past the old Infinity dealership yesterday and the lot is filled Volvo's now so they are fully moved in. The signage is essentially tarps hung from the roof at this point. Thrilled if the BGM building is turned into that Spa. Replacing the current German air raid shelter look with all of that glass and other materials would really liven up the street a bit.

Back