News   Jul 29, 2024
 199     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 97     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 487     0 

Corktown Lofthouses (Gilead Investments, 2s)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Walked by the other day. Fit and finish is really sloppy at grade. Hopefully, it'll all get pulled together/cleaned up.

I've been in love with this project since it launched in 2006 and am sad that I didn't have the $$ to purchase. Oh well. However, drove by this project last weekend (I frequently cruise the Corktown neighbourhood for kicks!) and decided to take a trip down Gilead and gosh these are stunning. It was 6pm and dark and happened to get a good glance inside the end unit, (and yes there were people inside, and yes I felt like a pedophile but what the hell). and I am pleased to say that these are REALLY nice inside - not to mention HUGE. It really is a success and I am really happy this developer stuck with the project. He never did send me the floorplans but I just emailed him asking if he had any plans to do anything similar in the future! Ahhhh, good development!
REG

The City is about to lay a new watermain on Gilead and then the road and sidewalks will be tidied up. Hope they fix the streetlights too - some of the low "Victorians" would fit far better in that narrow 'Lane".

5 June 2010:

dsc08665f.jpg

The City is about to lay a new watermain on Gilead and then the road and sidewalks will be tidied up. Hope they fix the streetlights too - some of the low "Victorians" would fit far better in that narrow 'Lane".

The watermain is done, the road and sidewalks are done but the old lighting remains - maybe one day!

Some minor quibbles with the finer touches, but overall it's a great looking townhouse row. Definitely a model in design and scale I'd like to see applied throughout the suburbs, right down to the garages in the back.

The watermain is done, the road and sidewalks are done but the old lighting remains - maybe one day!

I don't mind the old lighting. We've named the one that is by our livingroom window in the backlane Stuart lol!

These attractive and distinctive rowhouses appear in two recent car commercials:

Chevrolet Cruise - "Proven"
VW Golf - "Drive Until: Courage (Chapter 1)"

(the latter video can't be embedded)

The Lofthouses look great--especially in the Volkswagen ad. Interestingly, globe lights were added as a prop. They definitely make the street better, though they might not be very practical in that setting in reality. Too bad the city didn't bury the overhead wires in the recent reconstruction; a narrow laneway should feel as open as possible.

Back