News   Jul 29, 2024
 361     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 124     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 523     0 

Corktown Lofthouses (Gilead Investments, 2s)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Nope, wasn't that pic that did it for me. I saw all the original renderings when they first launched and remembered really liking them. And now I'm thinking for the amount of square footage (1800 I think) the price tag of $589K at the time seems so reasonable now!!

It would be great if someone found themselves down on Gilead Place someday (say for lunch) and happened to have a camera with them...

There used to be some great ones.

This rendering may be outdated but I found it via google:
corktownlofthouses.jpg

I found this via a real estate site. So far they seem to be shaping up to look like the render.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CORKTOWN.JPG
    CORKTOWN.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 419
From memory, I don't believe there were rooftop terraces. I emailed the builder and asked him to send me floorplans. Not sure he will though since they are all sold out!

web page said:
Corktown Lofthouses - 7 Gilead Place

Yet another development by the wooley one, it is sure to help with the revitalization of the east end. Situated between King and Eastern, construction is underway on these 8 "Lofthouses". Essentially, they will be part townhouse and part loft, 3 floors of living but with lofty areas.

They will have individual private garages with a study on that lower floor, then the kitchen / living / dining on the 2nd floor, master and second bedroom on the 3rd floor and a den on top, with walkout to a rooftop terrace. Just shy of 2,000 square feet, you can see why they were commanding prices of almost $600,000.

Source: http://torontosoftlofts.jeffreyteam.com/corktownlofthouses.htm

I came across a render (that I can't find now) which definitely showed a rooftop terrace. Considering, from what I can see of the site, that there'll be no backyards I can't imagine these will not include terraces.

So, is "the wooley one" better known as Streetcar Developments? Or is this another developer? And did someone say that this is an aA design? Any confirmation would be appreciated!

The "wooley" one, refers to BJ Lamb and the reference in the article referred to the fact that it was his sales team that sold the Gilead Place TH site.

Streetcar is a separate developer - developing the project "Corktown District" which includes a couple of sites along King East between Sumach and River and also one on Sumach.

EgoTrippin (nice name!),

Here are the Streetcar Development sites:

569 King - south side of King and was formerly a building that had "Sony" on it and also the head office for Streetcar Developments. They have since moved and the building has been torn down and is now a flat site with signage.

549 King - SE corner of King Sumach and just beside the row of houses on Percy street - was an empty lot from what I can remember and now has signage up for Streetcar but I don't believe any excavation has been done yet (I could be wrong - haven't been by in awhile)

510 King - north side of King was (and still is) a very large brown building to the west (and beside) the actual Corktown District Sales Office. 510 is Phase 2 of the development

52 Sumach - north of king on Sumach are proposed condos as well as townhomes to coincide with the look/feel of Bright Street. I believe this site is currently beside the Saab/BMW autobody shop on the corner.

Hope this helps!

Back