News   Jul 29, 2024
 371     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 128     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 524     0 

Corktown Lofthouses (Gilead Investments, 2s)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Interchange: In the window of one of the lofthouses, there's a sign that says "Gilead Investments Ltd." I believe this development is independent of Streetcar Developments. In fact (after posting this post) I Googled their name, and came up with the project site: http://gileadinvestments.com/. Goldmine, as I've never come across it before. Also, some pictures.

IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

I really like the brick, it looks great. However, they've been "stuck" at this stage of development now for a while, and I haven't noticed any activity. I'm hoping that it's related to the cold, and that they've been working on the interiors.

RealEstateGirl, thanks for the site locations. I just got back from taking some photos, but I'm pretty sure I got most of them. Glad you like the name, it's a reference to my favourite band.

Last edited:
Yes Gilead Investments, emailed the developer yesterday asking to see some floorplans! Hopefully he'll send.
Kinda missed the boat on this development....looking back now, it would have been a good purchase.

EgoTrippin, thanks for taking these. Not sure if you noticed but as you travel past the townhouses, there's anothr building beside it which looks to me like it is residential.....so that's really cool. The Gilead Cafe is suppose to be #4 Gilead..can someone point out to where it is (if,in fact, you can see it in these pictures??)

Thanks both!

EgoTrippin, thanks for taking these. Not sure if you noticed but as you travel past the townhouses, there's anothr building beside it which looks to me like it is residential.....so that's really cool. The Gilead Cafe is suppose to be #4 Gilead..can someone point out to where it is (if,in fact, you can see it in these pictures??)

The other residential building, do you mean Trinity Mews, or is it a new one?

You can't really see Gilead Cafe in my photos. However, in the very first picture, if you look at the very right hand side close to the bottom, the edge of a building is poking into the frame. That's the cafe.

The jogs in the roofline, apparently caused by not accommodating to the sloping site as sensibly as they might, are a bit odd.

I picked up a couple of nice little tarts at the Gilead Cafe recently -
yesterday the Brazil nut, today the Pumpkin.

The jogs in the roofline, apparently caused by not accommodating to the sloping site as sensibly as they might, are a bit odd.

Especially given how minor the slope is...

re Breakfast: Skip Gilead's (it's lunch more than brunch - unless you want a meaty sandwich for breakfast) and go to Morning Glory.

Last edited:
Both are ok, but the problem I have with them, and pretty much all breakfast places, is that I can cook breakfast as well or better. I've never liked spending money on breakfast, unless I'm very hungover, can't think straight and just need some no effort eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Gilead does offer things that I can't make simply however, but regardless, my stance on breakfast stands.

Also, I never even noticed the strange roofline jogging until after when I was looking at the pictures. At first I even thought I was having some serious aliasing issues.

Got it. So its not facing King street. Its actually on Gilead - cool. I'll have to go there for breaky one day...

Take the cheque book, I went recently 2 dinner roll sized sandwiches and a couple of coffees came in at 25 bucks....okayish quality but was not impressed by the value.

The roofline jogs aren't even consistent - the two at the north are two bricks deep, the one at the south is three. I would've thought it'd be more trouble to design this way, with staggered living quarters, than to level them all off.

The tarts are $4.25 + tax each, but they didn't have any this morning - they come from the Wine Bar.

I had more success at the Gilead this morning. I could tell that my pumpkin tart was fresh, because the little sprig of mint on the top was perky.

Back