News   Apr 19, 2024
 119     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 456     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 657     1 

Cops above the law

So, not only are they above the law, but you're happy with that.

Absolutely I am fine with it, they are the ones protecting our safety, they should be able to get out of a speeding ticket.

it disgusts me to hear people like you giving cops a pass for breaking the law.

They didn't break the law at the G20 at all, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Maybe you were one of the Black Blocs who were destroying our city for no reason at all..
The fact that the protestors did nothing to stop the anarchists from destroying everything is just as bad. Therefore they deserved what they got.
Everyone was warned not to go into the area, or else they may be caught in the crossfire with the guilty people, but those who did it anyways deserved what they got for their stupidity.

They didn't break the law at the G20 at all, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

The cops not only broke the law they were caught on video in the act

Mounted police deliberately run over a man who had his back to them - he could have been killed :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-p64RHqi38

Cops punch journalist in the face (watch beginning at 3:00) When journalist ask why he was punched in the face the cops supervisor orders him to "hit him again" :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OA920pbv8

All of the officers seen in these videos committing willful acts of violence against peaceful law abiding citizens SHOULD have been arrested and suspended from their jobs pending trial but you can bet they are still on the job free to brutalize more citizens. :mad:

It looks to me like they were trying to prevent a riot. How else should cops prevent riots? Ask politley? And if they didn't act with force and there was a riot,then people would be slamming them for not preventing a riot..fact is,they were asking people to leave. That means leave NOW.The people wh remained were trying to instigate

I watched it several times,the journalist says " I was asked to leave". Why didn't he ?

Keep in mind we are not talking about complaints against cops. The SIU only gets involved in cases where there is death or serious injury.

So in 20 years in the over 3000 cases where a cop has been involved in a Death or serious injury only 3 have gone to prison?:confused:

Its hard not to conclude that they are above the law when you look at cold hard facts like this.

"Involved" in a death does not mean they where responsible for or caused the death. A cop could be performing CPR on a person who ends up dying and the SIU would still be called in to investigate. Or the suspect caused their own death, etc.

Only three out of 3000 is actually a good thing.

And this is not the first overly sensationalized article from the star about the Police and the SIU

It looks to me like they were trying to provoke a peaceful group to riot.

And the fact that you and drone saw completely different things is why "looks like" doesn't count as breaking the law, not officially at least. I don't think G20 actions have gone through the count systems yet, so I would reserve my judgement although one can argue that everybody is innocent until proven guilty.

p.s. Law aside, I think the cops did a bad job during G20 in general. Then again, having G20 in Toronto was a bad idea in the first place.

Last edited:
They didn't break the law at the G20 at all

I never suggested that, you did.

so I have no idea what you're talking about.

clearly..and that goes for the majority of your posts.

Maybe you were one of the Black Blocs who were destroying our city for no reason at all..

maybe you were!....what a childish little person you are .

I don't think the "Black Bloc" even existed. It was a creation of the media and PTB, just like Al Queda and just like the Communist threat. A rag tag group of demonstrators does not a security threat make. But bravo to the people who sold Torontonians on the alleged threat.

Black Bloc is a tactic, not a group, there was plenty of Black Bloc "protesting" going on at the G20

Yeah, the crowd in that video really looks like it's about to riot :rolleyes:

But in any case, nothing strange about that, there is a segment of the population which is wholly uninterested in police abuse because the victims are perceived bums, hippies, etc. etc. and therefore deserve it anyway. The police are indeed above the 'regular folk' law and they're not the only ones that have such a privilege either.

that's stupid. I am heavily tattooed and have played in hardcore punk bands for most of my youth. But, if you look at the part where there was definatley tension arising, it looks like it's getting heated.

The cops not only broke the law they were caught on video in the act

Mounted police deliberately run over a man who had his back to them - he could have been killed :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-p64RHqi38

Cops punch journalist in the face (watch beginning at 3:00) When journalist ask why he was punched in the face the cops supervisor orders him to "hit him again" :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OA920pbv8

All of the officers seen in these videos committing willful acts of violence against peaceful law abiding citizens SHOULD have been arrested and suspended from their jobs pending trial but you can bet they are still on the job free to brutalize more citizens. :mad:

They all deserved it for being there. They were warned and didn't listen.

They all deserved it for being there. They were warned and didn't listen.

Even the ones who were cleared to be there? Given press kits and security passes?

Clearly, you know very little about that day.

Back