News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 407     0 

CityPlace: West One

My friend bought in N1 and he did his PDI inspection yesterday. I got some photos that I'll try post this week.

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

And back to today, as I trundled home on the Spadina car. Cityplace:

Behold, streetwall:

Cityplace (Luna?) rises on the north side of Bremner now

Bremner will be a new artery soon

Looking south

From PCL website:

0900341_1_300.jpg

"As of June 11, 2007 To date, 52% of the suites have been certified as deficiency-free as testing of mechanical and electrical systems continues. The large public art piece between Building O and Tower PP has been erected and other smaller art pieces are being placed around the project. The courtyard landscaping is being completed and the lobbies of each of building are presently undergoing their inspections for deficiencies."

The 'Gallery' part of the development is certainly a disappointment. I can see what they were going for - ultra-clean horizontal lines as a dominant element - but with that oatmeal-coloured precast and lack of detailing (or decoration?), it somehow ended up looking like a suburban 1970's minor office.

I haven't been around the rest of the base lately, so I'm not sure how it has all worked out. The two towers, though, are looking mighty fine. The townhomes, too, are quite handsome, and a big improvement over their counterparts over at Harbour View Estates.

From August the 3rd

west26.jpg

New Stair, detail from Spadina. Opposite across Spadina from access stairs at HVE. Like them , it rises from the sidewalk to the drive-in courtyard that services the tower, complete with complimentary public art.
west24.jpg

west22.jpg

Streetscape...! Forming. Looking north up Spadina.
west21.jpg

west20.jpg

A bit o' applied art at the base of the tower....
west19.jpg

Still rather rough at the bottom. A way to go before that linear park is all installed....
west18.jpg

Between amenities and the Gardiner....
west17.jpg

Creeping around unadmitted, looking up....
west16.jpg

Around back....
west14.jpg

west15.jpg

west13.jpg

west12.jpg

west11.jpg

A real pleasure to see this: looking into the drive in courtyard at WestOne, across Spadina to it's mirror image at HVE...very urban, outsize, impressive.
west10.jpg

west9.jpg

Townhomes to the left of me...
west8.jpg

Townhomes to the right of me....(with a touch of decor)
west7.jpg

Into the courtyard...
west6.jpg

Amenities at the south end
west5.jpg

Back of townhomes (south) from courtyard
west4.jpg

Back of (north) townhomes....
west3.jpg

Tower base at courtyard
west2.jpg

west1.jpg

west29.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

Top of stairs, looking across Spadina at HVE.
west30.jpg

*speechless*... AMAZING update. I absolutely love those little Dutch-looking townhouses. And truly shows that Cityplace is improving as it goes west. Awesome update, once again-- Thanks!

*speechless*... AMAZING update. I absolutely love those little Dutch-looking townhouses. And truly shows that Cityplace is improving as it goes west. Awesome update, once again-- Thanks!

I agree. The townhomes and public art are great.

Does anyone know if the concrete section half way up West One will be covered?

WOW! Im actually impressed!

west21.jpg

I really love the look of the wood and glass, and it seems to be used throughout the podium. The public art looks great and there also seems to be lots of green space around. A+ for streetscape!

^ Not finished yet.

HVE is looking really good now that they have pretty much finished. And this is more than a year and a half since people started moving in so give it time for this phase.

So far is looking good. With well renown KPMB architects heading the Neo and Montage project, the west side of Spadina is going to look awesome!

CN - great photos and many thanks.

And yes, those townhouses look great and are light years better than the ones at Harbour Estate.

Back