News   Apr 24, 2024
 288     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 355     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 703     1 

CityPlace: West One

TCHC = Toronto Community Housing Corporation (public housing agency)

however I haven't heard about another residential tower component about the 'school' block ... seeing that TCHC has 2 large blocks west of Parade, hopefully they don't build more at this site west of W1/N

Thanks for the info. And I hope you're right Solaris.

I am looking forward to that Central Park though. Heard something about developing toboggan hills in it, and a swiggly Terry Fox Mile Run. It'd be nice if they could incorporate an open outdoor big-screen "theatre" or something.

I remember seeing the final park design in Concord Adex's materials from the Parade project ... am pretty sure that was the final plan

That plan was not completely final. The final plan will be quite similar, but there will be some modifications as they detailed drawings get produced. From what I heard, the changes will be minor, just changes you would expect as you move from conceptual drawings to more technical. I was told the park should be ready by sometime next spring/summer, but I wouldn't count on it just yet.

There will also be a community centre/day care where the schools are. There is some hoarding up around that parcel now, but I don't know how long that has been there. The designs I've seen look very nice and I am looking forward to seeing some more renderings and construction start

Solaris et all,

I can confirm that at this point in the proposal, there is a TCHC-tower element. I'm looking at aA's preliminary proposal right now and for Block 31 there is a tower on the south-east corner of the site. It looks to be slightly smaller than N1 and much thinner. On the north edge of the site, following Bremner there is a 6-7 story mid-rise section. Directly below this (along Bremner) is a glass-walled gym for the Catholic school.

The school itself is bifurcated by a lane which continues west from N1/West One's driveway. This lane cuts right through the center of building, separating the public and Catholic components and connecting the Central Cark to the rest of the complex.

I'll try and get some pics once my camera is fixed.

Solaris et all,

I can confirm that at this point in the proposal, there is a TCHC-tower element. I'm looking at aA's preliminary proposal right now and for Block 31 there is a tower on the south-east corner of the site. It looks to be slightly smaller than N1 and much thinner. On the north edge of the site, following Bremner there is a 6-7 story mid-rise section. Directly below this (along Bremner) is a glass-walled gym for the Catholic school.

You gotta be sh*tting me !! That would block my lakeview completely ! Fcuk ! Could you please please pass on that aA proposal that shows the south-east tower? I hope it's not going to be 40+ floors.

Haha...dude's funny. Must be a world-renowned architect. Have to get used to these lame criticism when I move back down.

Was omnishield's question laced with some sort of meta-ironic jab that I'm not getting?

Yeah, I fail to see the irony as well (if there's any to see in the first place).

You gotta be sh*tting me !! That would block my lakeview completely ! Fcuk ! Could you please please pass on that aA proposal that shows the south-east tower? I hope it's not going to be 40+ floors.

Sorry TOBoy,

At this point that document is not up for public release until I get the ok from my superiors. At that point I will post all pages in the document, but until then you will have to wait.

do you drive a big rig or something? I've seen hummers in my garage and they fit perfectly fine

Your average car should fit no problem. I have, however, seen a large SUV/truck type car scratch the hell out of its roof and have to back-up when it tried to enter my parking garage. I was on my bike so I laughed a lot at the guy's misfortune. Then I felt bad because the pipe he hit started to leak and I got wet. Not a fond memory.

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm just wondering if my car would fit in the parking garage.

Your post was after my post. So I thought you were referring to Cityplace buildings being parking garages, not knowing you went directly to a completely different topic. My apologies. Sorry man.

A parking spot came with my purchase, but I haven't been down there.

Thanks ProjectEnd, would still love to see the drawing if it becomes available.

haha oic....that is pretty funny. np.

but seriously...anyone got an exact number that they post when you enter the garage? Usually around 6 feet or something. Friend wants to rent and his car 'just' fits in some garages.

Back