News   Jul 08, 2024
 361     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 610     0 

CityPlace: West One

Heck, compared to the "Gardens at Queen", even the Monet townhouses look decent (at least it uses brick and has big windows).

The 'Gardens at Queen' are the worst Forgin' Georgian in the city. The 'Monet' towns are mansarded French Provincial Backwater architecturally. Thank goodness Concord Adex understood that neither of those two approaches nor Vic Schtick would pass muster in CityPlace.

The 'Gardens at Queen' are the worst Forgin' Georgian in the city.

I like them; unlike most of their overdecorated ilk, they're tipping into a "so bad they're good" category. They're as outrageous as those banal 50s apartment buildings in Port Credit with the "Smokey the Bear" order porticos...

Skybean over at SSC posted these shots on flickr.com

517055085_05ceca7dbe_b.jpg

Toronto's residential Canary Wharf
946149054_dca2103801_b.jpg

^ Awesome view!

On a side note, what's the idea behind building Bremner so curvaceously? Might make any future streetcar ride slightly nauseating.

Actually, when I first viewed this photo I liked the idea of having a subtly curving street. It may help slow down some of the traffic that turns off Spadina onto it and goes across to Lake Shore Blvd this way. I hadn't thought about the effects on streetcar passengers but the curves don't appear to be severe enough to cause any nausea :)

What a fantastic aerial!

Royal York Boulevard is a funky little street that will really connect the area south of the railway. It is really cool to see it sketched out like this from Bremner to the existing part of Fort York.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. As far as I know, the streetcar plans for this street is either under EA or is a work-in-progress.

Did they survey Bremner after having a couple too many at the Amsterdam Brewery?

Will the streetcar be on dedicated/elevated lanes like St. Clair and Spadina or be regular, integrated lanes?

I believe the TTC stated any "new" light transit lines would be in dedicated right of ways.

And they are preparing the public to get use to only 2 lanes in each direction. That way, there will not be a fight when the streetcar goes in.

Did they survey Bremner after having a couple too many at the Amsterdam Brewery?

Possibly, but I like the idea of Traffic calming better.

Just to sway the topic away from streetcars and back to West One. The building is beginning to have people move into it and the remaining units that the sales centre couldn't sell have been passed on to Prompton Real Estate Services located at 357 Front St W. The only unit for sale on MLS.ca is $1,190,800 and is a 3bd/3bth. The unit has 1833 sq.ft including a 215 sq ft balcony. This equates to $649/sq. ft. However if you subtract the included parking ($28,000) and included locker ($5,000) the unit itself is selling for $1,157,800 which equates to $632/sq. ft.

N1 however has 5 units for sale ranging in price from $405,000 for 925 sq. ft to $1,095,800 for 1708 sq ft PLUS 280 sq. ft. (balcony)

The $405,000 unit equates to $437/sq.ft
The $1.09 m unit equates to $641/sq ft

Just to confuse you a bit more... the $405 unit is one of their skylofts located on the 37th floor (which is actually the 32nd floor since the building does not include 4's.
They omit the 4th, 13th, 14th, 24th, 34th, 44th, etc. due to Chinese & English superstition.

If you want to see the units for yourself just go to MLS.ca and click on Property Search and in the Postal Code box input M5V 3Y4 and West One's postal code is M5V 3Y3.

I just thought it would be interesting for people to know what the units at Cityplace are selling for these days.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing...and nice update on the pricess. I was wondering what the going rate was on these...how is the cityplace condo market? are the new projects actually selling out?

Back