News   Jul 08, 2024
 361     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 610     0 

CityPlace: West One

nice pic, part of a nice series of pics, by Boden over at SSP....

1701345962_19d56d5301_o.jpg

I just don't get all the concern about these townhouses. I went and had a look in person. Have to say... love them!

Love the design, love the function! Flat roofs were a good use of space: Rooftop patio! And they integrate well with the courtyard; there are very few inward looking residences that I've experienced in Toronto. (nice!)

Is it a pedestrian magnet? No. Great place to live? Oh yeah.

Is it a pedestrian magnet? No. Great place to live? Oh yeah.

Bingo!

Everyone in these threads seems to be concerned about how the whole project works for THEM as people who just occasionally walk by the area.

What they don't realize is that it seems to work great for the people actually living there. As I've said numerous times, everyone I know living in cityplace has nothing but good things to say.

The last set of townhouses attached to a condo that I checked out up close was this (Monet):
Monet-Towns-Front.jpg

Now that is puke.

Or maybe people would have prefered something like that nasty faux-european townhome complex at Carr and Bathurst?

Now I remember the name of the Bathurst/Carr project: "Gardens at Queen".

All the detailing is precast. Even the rails on the terrace at top don’t actually have any gaps, they're just bumps on a solid surface.
5abf_20.JPG

The last set of townhouses attached to a condo that I checked out up close was this (Monet):
Monet-Towns-Front.jpg

Now that is puke.

Or maybe people would have prefered something like that nasty faux-european townhome complex at Carr and Bathurst?

/\ Wow...how those people in the rendering aren't vomiting profusely Ill never know!:eek:

They are renderpeople. They'll put up with anything.

Well, the ones in the foreground are walking by it quickly, and avoiding looking at it. They are our shaken avatars in Renderworld, if somewhat more polite than we are.

It would be great if one of the better illustrators here at UT could create a stock vomitor, on a blank background, who could be Photoshopped it into Renderworld whenever needed. It could be our stamp of disapproval, and far more memorable than the Pugly's.

That thing always looks like it's going to melt in the next rainstorm; it's a perpetual dissapointment when it doesn't.

Someone left the cake out in the rain
And I don't think I can take it
Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recepie again
Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Back