News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

There are certain 40s/50s modern buildings with such vertically-aligned brick patterns in places--perhaps I'd look to that as a precedent...

The west entrance to Islington station, for example.

(as of Feb./08):

Drywall to the Building M corridors is completed. Partition framing of the crane and hoist suites is proceeding on the 19th floor while boarding of suites is ongoing on the 19th floor. Prime painting and sprayed ceilings are on the 19th floor. Tile has started on the 18th floor, while laminate flooring commenced on the 8th. Kitchen installation and appliance deliveries are on the 11th floor. Roofing and liner for metal panels are ongoing at the penthouse.

At the Amenity Building, installation of the windows is ongoing. Roofing activities are 75% complete. Mechanical and electrical rough-ins are ongoing.

Tower L formwork is on the roof (55th floor). Mechanical and electrical rough-ins are ongoing on the 33rd floor. Window wall installation is on the 41st floor. Drywall framing is ongoing up to the 40th floor corridors, and in the 36th floor suites. Boarding and taping of suites is on the 29th floor. Prime painting and sprayed ceilings and are on the 27th floor. Tile and kitchens have started, and are on the 23rd and 20th floors respectively.

One comment regarding CityPlace in general:

It might just be me but ignoring the podium portion of *most* of the towers (HV1/2 N1/2 Montage) I'd argue that the quality of the buildings (from a visual perspective) beats almost any of the new glass condo's being built in this city ... the slight curve in HV1/2 is quite impressive in person and I'm really liking Montage a lot!

I would agree that the street presence of CityPlace is its weakest point. I am hopeful that will improve though as hopefully trees and greenery will eventually provide a buffer to all the concrete and glass. And we still have the big park to look forward to as well...

It does sore, doesn't it? It does sit on a slightly higher elevation than the rest. If that is the case, Signature will look dominate across the street if it ever gets built.

I also agree with the rest of the comments. The ground floor of all these towers is the weakest link. It is especially noticable on Spadina where the street slopes downward as it goes to the Gardiner.

Typo I assume^^?

Nonetheless, for some reason Montage really soars and looks taller than its reported 47 storeys.
I think floors are not the same as storeys, and there's probably about a dozen "bad luck" floor numbers missing like all other Cityplace buildings. :rolleyes:

I think floors are not the same as storeys, and there's probably about a dozen "bad luck" floor numbers missing like all other Cityplace buildings. :rolleyes:

That sounds plausible. I could go into a rant about allowing superstition to override reality, but what's the point? Although I should point out that not EVERYBODY buying suites in these buildings thinks that the number '4' is unlucky. Surely they could have found buyers for suites on those floors?

I would just prefer that the floor numbers all match the actual floor.

That sounds plausible. I could go into a rant about allowing superstition to override reality, but what's the point? Although I should point out that not EVERYBODY buying suites in these buildings thinks that the number '4' is unlucky. Surely they could have found buyers for suites on those floors?

Silly number 13. It gets no love anywhere.

It's amazing how many people let stupid old superstitions affect their lives. I adopted a cat a couple weeks ago and the humane society makes a point to encourage people to adopt black cats. People are still so superstitious that nobody wants them and they end up at the humane society for months on end. It boggles the mind.

I adopted a cat a couple weeks ago and the humane society makes a point to encourage people to adopt black cats.

Except, maybe, around Halloween (i.e. fear of them being used for unseemly sacrifices, etc)

It's amazing how many people let stupid old superstitions affect their lives. I adopted a cat a couple weeks ago and the humane society makes a point to encourage people to adopt black cats. People are still so superstitious that nobody wants them and they end up at the humane society for months on end. It boggles the mind.

You're right. But I guess some people do take them to heart and if the number 4, for example, brings on bad luck and you know many of your customers will boycott those floors then why not cater to what your market wants? I'm not saying it makes sense to me (superstitions) but I don't think it is a big deal.

Your cat story is sad, though.

Ps, love the name. Mr. F. (in best british woman's accent)

March 21

2351005800_ba0cb52879_b.jpg

Back