News   Jul 22, 2024
 400     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 578     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

If you can get people's e-mail addresses, send them the link to this thread. Once they notice that a forum of over 5,000 members are reading how ugly their building looks, something might be done. Moreover, it gets UT's name out there!

I wish we had bylaws where property owners would have to make an attempt to hide HVAC units. This town is full of retaurants with exposed, greasy, rusty, and noisy HVAC units that just ruin the whole aesthetic of the buildings.

This HVAC is particularly terrible.

The black cladding around the curved windows part of the bottom really helps break up the monotony of the gray. Rogers would do well to also re-clad the curved windows part of the top in black to accomplish the same. Combined with the re-cladding of the torch base in red, imo this would really help turn the building into a more visually interesting collection of forms and colours.

Looks like you will be getting your wish. It looks like the windows on the top floor are being removed now.

Edit: My bad... the windows were just cleaned... giving them the illusion that there was no window at all!

Last edited:
It is official.

Tuesday September 8th, CityTV will start broadcasting from its new home in Dundas Square. The inside is pretty much ready to go....the outside will take a little longer, but there is no worry about it not being perfect right now.

Its official, as of 8am today BT has moved, they are doing an 8am-9am outdoor broadcast from Yonge and Dundas Square. Dina is looking pretty good these days, cant believe how much she towers over Kevin and Frank.

Its official, as of 8am today BT has moved, they are doing an 8am-9am outdoor broadcast from Yonge and Dundas Square. Dina is looking pretty good these days, cant believe how much she towers over Kevin and Frank.

Technically its still unofficial...it wasn't from the actual building ;)

I am gonna get some pics saturday...you know that area where the streetcars can turn onto dundas between the tower/bldg? They painted the top of that area red.

$55 Million Dollars

The cost of this state of the art broadcast studios was $55 million dollars according to the VP for Rogers Media this morning on BT. Maybe that is why they got rid of some Blue Jays players haha

All the sneak peeks we have had show a bit of it so far and I can't wait to see it on a regual full time basis starting Tuesday.

Still no call back from City TV. Should I be pissed? lol Maybe they just can't find anybody who knows anything about what's going on at City TV. They're all clueless!

Still no call back from City TV. Should I be pissed? lol Maybe they just can't find anybody who knows anything about what's going on at City TV. They're all clueless!

^ Your calls are in vain. My neighbour who was directly involved in the logistics of planning the move knew only what was directly related to her job. Once her team green lit the studios her job was done and it was up to Citytv (or Rogers) as to when to start using the studios.

You'd have to find the people directly involved in the exterior renovation to get any info.

All I've been able to find out about the exterior was through a second hand source. It was that major work is still left to be complete, mostly on the tower's base which would be adorned in red trim. There's also an LED ticker coming across the top/front and around the tower.

As for the HVAC units being covered, common sense says: of course. They wouldn't put so much work into making the building look good and then leave the HVAC units exposed. At the very least, a corrugated aluminium cover will go up. They just started work on the exterior of the patio level so that should involve covering up the HVAC's.

It looks like it'll be a while longer after they move in before the building is complete.

Nice to see these improvements. The black glassy base looks sharp. This building is still filed under "embarrassing", but it's moving in the right direction. Thanks for the update, drum.

Yes, it still is embarassing. I hope their are some significant improvements in the the future.

Black cladding and an implementation of the rotating media tower that was supposed to originally be part of Torch would really work well, IMO.

Back