News   Jul 22, 2024
 99     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 879     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 518     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

CityNews status update: The newsroom is virtually complete. All that needs to take place are rehearsals. If no issues are found during those, CityNews will begin broadcasting the first week of September from Y&D way ahead of the 3 year move out deadline given by CTV.

They're considering a phasing in of some news segments such as the weather which could take place from the rooftop of the Torch as early as next week.

24 Hour CityNews cable channel: Rogers is expected to announce a 24 hour CityNews cable channel once the move to the new building is complete.

I thought somebody on here said they were going to cover up those MONSTER HVAC units on the roof. Time is running out and those big boys, sure are ugly.

I'm back from Spain. I'll try to get more info on the move but from what I knew before I left to Europe two weeks ago, we'll see BT's first broadcast next Monday Aug 25 and CityNews should debut from Y&D Square within the following week or two.

A minor, friendly correction - that would be Monday August 24th for the first BT broadcast from the new studios

Posts speculating on, ranting about, or frothing over the prospect of renaming Yonge-Dundas Square have been moved to a new thread here.

I am surprised that the BT broadcasts are scheduled to begin on August 24th, 2009. The Rogers' Signs have yet to be installed.

The BT studio is complete, the rehearsals are done and City wants to phase in the new building, beginning with their popular morning program.

They're not waiting for all the exterior work to be done to move in. In fact, some operations (and their associated staff) have already moved to the new building over the last month.

Speaking of...

CityNews Anchors are Not Charged with Murder, Not Hollywood Filmmakers, and Not Pro Tennis Players

20090817_citynews01.jpg

Today, Breakfast Television received the green light from the producer and the moving logistics team to begin broadcasting their show from the Torch. It's now at the discretion of Citytv as to when to begin.

They could broadcast as early as next Monday. If they decide to do so, there may be an announcement this Friday at the beginning of the show or on the previous day, announcing it as the final show from the old location.

Today, Breakfast Television received the green light from the producer and the moving logistics team to begin broadcasting their show from the Torch. It's now at the discretion of Citytv as to when to begin.

They could broadcast as early as next Monday. If they decide to do so, there may be an announcement this Friday at the beginning of the show or on the previous day, announcing it as the final show from the old location.

I know nothing of this building but I am a regular viewer of BT and find it unlikely that they would do their first broadcast from the new location with Kevin Frankish on vacation. He is off until, I think, the 31st of August....so I would not bet on them moving the broadcast next week.

Back