News   Jul 12, 2024
 649     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 635     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

concerning the ttc tracks, i think that you can tell that there is a curve on both facades. you can see it where the concrete and the glass meet.

concerning the ttc tracks, i think that you can tell that there is a curve on both facades. you can see it where the concrete and the glass meet.

Wow.. I had to stare and squint to figure that out...

I hope this is just a case of bad rendering.. Like the scare we got with the Four Seasons.

However, if this gets built, I will officially have a torch-mourning ceremony.

it looks like the TTC Streetcar tracks cutting through the building have been removed.
No, they haven't. The rendering is kind of poor at depicting depth, but those support columns behind where that crowd of people are standing gives it away. Take a look at the Torch pic that was posted above the rendering. Same supports. Also, the crowd of people fades away as the follow the curved wall behind the FAN entrance. The huge streetcar gap is still there.

Edit: beaten about three times.. Sorry.

Okay, everybody, just breathe for a second. It won't be that bad, if only because the render is so shoddy, the building could not physically have those optical properties.

That rendering is pretty hilarious. I can't imagine it being anywhere near that bad.

Pretty big - it looks completely slapped together. Have patience! The first renders of the torch we so far off compared to what we ended up with, who knows what that red pointy thing will actually look like. I can't imagine that the render here is anything more than conceptual at this stage.

And for those of you ready the mourn the torch, puhleeeeeeeaze! There is nothing to mourn.

My statement that it looks like the streetcar tracks are going to be removed remains. I was pretty sure that they were staying so thank you to Alklay for pointing that out. The rendeing is not the greatest and suggests many other items that can be questioned such as stages and screens. I would like to see a more detailed rendering in the future, but given that it is anticipated to be finished sometime next year, it won't be too long until we see it in person. Wouldn't it be funny if this is finished before TLS is completely finished?

My statement that it looks like the streetcar tracks are going to be removed remains. I was pretty sure that they were staying so thank you to Alklay for pointing that out. The rendeing is not the greatest and suggests many other items that can be questioned such as stages and screens. I would like to see a more detailed rendering in the future, but given that it is anticipated to be finished sometime next year, it won't be too long until we see it in person. Wouldn't it be funny if this is finished before TLS is completely finished?
Go back to my post above. You can (sort of) clearly see the streetcar nook in the rendering, but whoever did the rendering should have applied a shaded gradient to make it clear that it's not a solid wall. Plus, someone already found confirmation in city docs.

I love renderings as much as the next guy. But sometimes I get the feeling that people mistake them for working drawings. For the record, construction workers will not show up on site, gather around a large printout of this rendering, scratch their heads and argue about whether not they're supposed to tear up the streetcar tracks.

Go back to my post above. You can (sort of) clearly see the streetcar nook in the rendering, but whoever did the rendering should have applied a shaded gradient to make it clear that it's not a solid wall. Plus, someone already found confirmation in city docs.

Go back to my previous two posts where I say it looks like they have been removed. I also said the rendering leaves a lot to be suggested. I don't analyze renderings with a magnifying glass.

Go back to my previous two posts where I say it looks like they have been removed. I also said the rendering leaves a lot to be suggested. I don't analyze renderings with a magnifying glass.

Ah, but in that post you said your statement remains, so go back to MY post where I spelt out why your statement was incorrect.

additional bold letters for nitpicky argument effect

Back