News   Jul 15, 2024
 354     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 519     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

City Reports 2006

re: ROCP III

It is too bad that College Park will now be lost behind a phalanx of towers. This is usually a mistake, locating a park away from the street where it could form a public square, but instead hiding it away where it forms quasi-private space and where it usually attracts various drug dealers etc.

The project as proposed doesn't address the park much, if at all, and as goodboys already mentioned, blocks off access to the centre of the block.

Looking at the site plans for the block (p. 14 of the PDF), what they can do theoretically is to make sure there is a diagonal visual axis between the NW (Bay + College) and SE (Yonge + Gerrard) corners, so that a clear view of access can be ensured (perhaps with the two towers on both sides of the SE corner to strengthen the gateway feature). Similarly, the visual corridor of Hayden St. should be reinforced from east to west as well, so as to increase the porosity of the entire complex.

AoD

Holy Shlt !! Queen-King W, Exhibition, Fort York is on fire with regards to development. Wow !!!!

Its actually pretty cool to see the area from the Gardiner. A smaller city sized skyline starting to develop.

Is there a city report for 151 Front Street West?

I have heard there is a proposal for a 36 storey office tower at this location (not sure how old).

not quite but a huge addition to Mount Sinai's research building (which incl. Centre for Phenogenics) headlines this months community council proposals

-12 storeys in total
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it028.pdf

-another big proposal for our planners to not recommend in the busy 'Queen West Triangle' just east of Dufferin
-9 & 18 storeys
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it009.pdf

-previously mentioned 32 storey tower for the corner of -Sherbourne & Lindon
by Burka & Tridel
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it029.pdf

-reviously mentioned addition and conversion of 19 River Street
-5 storeys
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it030.pdf

Maple Leaf Square's Final Report
- mechanical heights? - 162.5m & 174.5m
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it005.pdf

Final Report for Cityplace West
- towers have been significantly lowered in height
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it002.pdf

Final Report for 201 Carlaw
- 9 storey midrise addition/ conversion
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it006.pdf

Thanks for doing the work mark simpson. The MSH research addition does look quite huge, CCBR-sized even. I wonder if they are going to empty out the space currently occupied for research purposes within the hospital proper afterwards.

AoD

The massing of these blocks of Cityplace look terrific. This will no doubt be the best part of the development.

BTW, the mech heights for Maple Leaf Square are actually taller at 186 m (north tower) and 174 m (south tower)... see site plan on page 28.

Maple Leaf Square's Final Report
- mechanical heights? - 162.5m & 174.5m

That Maple Leaf Square report is massive - such a complex complex! They can't get the shovels into the ground fast enough regarding that one as fas as I'm concerned.

I love the height increase, taller the 1 King West now.

MapleLeafSquare.jpg

"BTW, the mech heights for Maple Leaf Square are actually taller at 186 m (north tower) and 174 m (south tower)... see site plan on page 28."

thanks buddy

More rats?

On the City Place report it mentions a "pedestrian rail coridor bridge to be provided between Spadina and Portland street".

I assume this will be a fairly narrow bridge located somewhere between the 2 streets rather than a full covering of the tracks between Spadina & Portland?

The site plan has the whole section blocked out and I couldn't find further details during my skim-read.

Can anyone shed some light? :\

The MLSE towers are gonna be huge. With the 9-story podium they're 63, and 59 floors.

The taller of the two is the same size as the RBC Centre.

Back