News   Jul 15, 2024
 358     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 526     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 559     0 

City Reports 2006

The development at 4A Spadina has already been approved and is in the process of obtaining Site Plan Approval. It was included in this application for completeness but no changes to the approved buildings are contemplated by this application. The remaining three blocks (all of which are under the address 100 Fort York Boulevard) will be referred to in this report as Block 26E, 26W and 29 as shown on Attachment 1. The proposal is for 6 residential towers on podium buildings with parking provided underground

Montage is on 4A/24 - 131M, 47s and it has already received approval. This report the sites west of Montage.

AoD

jcapitain: The pedestrian bridge would extend from the end of a new street called Capreol Court across the tracks to Front somewhat east of Draper Street.

Canuck 36: The CityPlace West blocks in question are west of Montage: the furthest east building included in this report is the 38 storey Luna tower.

MLS height to width aspect ration looks awesome. Cool looking podium.

Wat to go TO.

i think the heights given in the cityplace report regarding montage ,westone and n dont include mechanical.ie it shows west one and n at 136 and 114 m on pg 6.

Will MLS be considered Toronto Style?

I agree with others in being surprised in the realisation that this complex will have a major impact on this section of the city.

Element at skyscraperpage.com has posted that College Park III is now one 75 floor tower instead of the 60 and 20 floor towers before.

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but ROCP III has been revised again. Instead of the 60 and 20 storey tower, it will now be one 75 storey tower at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard. It looks breathtaking from the renderings/plans I've looked at.

the fourth largest building in toronto is going to be at yonge and gerrard??? that won't stick out too much. (not that I'm complaining.)

Could CityPlace have revised its plans downwards for the land west of Spadina, in order to save density for Signature Tower?

Could CityPlace have revised its plans downwards for the last west of Spadina in order to save density for Signature Tower?

Entirely possible. Cityplace has gone through some fine tuning since it first began construction and changes have been made on the fly (relative to its orginal plan). I won't be surprised at all if the end result and the last few buildings end up deviating a distance from what was proposed originally.

"The MLSE towers are gonna be huge. With the 9-story podium they're 63, and 59 floors."

As much as I wish it were true, sadly I think you're mistaken. Just take the time to count the floors from the renderings.

Hmm... the rendering does show the smaller floor count. If accurate this means the figures include the 9-story podium:
The nine-storey podium would cover the majority ( approximately 81 percent) of the site. The 50-storey tower would be located at the southwest corner of the site and be 162 metres high. The 54- storey tower would be located at the northeast corner of the site and would be 174 metres
high.

Regardless of how many floors, the overall heights remain at 186 & 174 when mechanical is counted.

Keep in mind that there is an increased presence of mid-rises in Cityplace projects west of Spadina, compared to the original proposal. The transfer in density from one built form to another could be one reason why the towers are shorter.

AoD

Back