556     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 565     0 

City Reports 2006

A

AlvinofDiaspar

Union Station Heritage Conservation District
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it001.pdf

Lyall Ave. Heritage Conservation District (The Beach)
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it002.pdf

West Queen West OP/Zoning Review
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it005.pdf

48 Abell/1199 Queen West
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it006.pdf

1171/1171R Queen West
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it007.pdf

70 Esplanade (Esplanade + Church)
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it008.pdf

56 Blue Jays Way
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it045.pdf

444 Yonge (RoCP 3)
www.toronto.ca/legdocs/20.../it046.pdf

AoD

Re: New City Reports (

ROCP 3 looks nice, I don't think the same style as 1 & 2 would have worked on Yonge Street, not to mention 3 buildings with the same style would have just been wrong.

The Blue Jays way pdf looks intersting and I really like the scale of the building for the Esplanade.

The 20-storey part of ROCP 3 looks like it's been amputated. That circular driveway along Yonge is a nice treat, and it leaves no room for a mini-square at the corner :\

Thanks for posting those, AoD.

You are Lord of the Legdocs.

I like ROCP III. It's another example of the 'Toronto look' developments that have popped up. 18 Yorkville, One Bedford, etc I don't have a problem with that. I love that it's 60 stories too. It doesn't look that high with the podium down there. That's a good thing I think.

Quel Horror! Is this the end of Le Papillon? That place has the best French Onion Soup. Hopefully they end up moving somewhere.

Greg

These reports also point to the end of the the old Second City building on Blue Jay Way (and some very decent theatre space).

With the loss of these stages, and the possible loss of Gresky's across the street, and who knows what next, the area will slowly change from the entertainment district to the condo district (and we all know how much fun that will be to go to...just ask North York!!! ;) )

56 Blue Jays Way.

Looks promising. They seem to have designed it to match the height of the Soho.

56bjw-e.jpg

56bjw-north.jpg

56bjw-south.jpg

56bjw-west.jpg

444 Yonge is very exciting... mostly because of the nice big podium and the sense of completeness the intersection will finally have. I'd like to see the NE corner of Yonge and Gerrard redeveloped as well. The tower is fine but kinda "more of the same".

Is this ROCP III?
Is there any connection to the current development? It looks like it is being handled by a completely different developer... anyone know?

Re: New City Reports

When looking for the "West Queen West OP/Zoning Review" (you need to fix that link AoD), I came across www.toronto.ca/legdocs/.../te060613/it004.pdf which states that the "ING Bank" logo currently on 181 University will be removed and installed on Hydro/OPG Place at University and College.

Weird.

Re: New City Reports

pretty sure OPG moved to Pickering

ROCP III - if you read the report, they are proposing ABOVE grade parking from floors 3 to 10, when below grade is capable. So, we're basically getting a parking garage at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard as the tower is positioned further north closer to Hayter St.

Also, access to the 'park' of College Park from Gerrard will be cut off and converted to an access ramp for residential parking. Nice.

The parking will be hidden behind other uses. The city will be very strict on this issue... it isn't 1983 anymore.

Back