News   May 17, 2024
 111     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     4 

CiRCA

new flyers.

rl-oq-front.jpg

rl-oq-back.jpg

My gaydar told me not to expect this place to be full of guys who look like they just stepped out of Heavy Metal Parking Lot and my gaydar usually works quite well.

That's a very colourful flyer. They'll be easy to find on the streets.

Free GHB for your drinks, a rail of coke in each bathroom stall, colourful, friendly E and K dealers, the 'circas' will be under your eyes before sunrise... how's that for an ad?

Tidbit...Steve Ireson has jonied the Circa team as a promotions person. Many in the queer community will remember him from his many parties and his tenure promoting the very successful Sunday nights at IT earlier this decade. Also, Fab Magazine's Rolyn Chamber's will be promoting the club to the queer community as well.

It looks like Gatien & Co. are going gung-ho about making this queer-positive space (which is really essential if he hopes to accomplish the kind of environment he seems to want). Still, I'm not 100% sure the queers will flock to the district, but I could be proven wrong.

Only quoting you cuz I really dislike the term 'queer'. I would never self-identify as 'queer'. 'Gay' is the term I prefer. I don't understand why a lot of vocal people in the gay community insist on using a word that means 'strange' rather than an archaic term for 'happy'. The use of the word 'queer' has literally bugged me for years. [yes I know this is off-topic]

More on-topic, I haven't been to Playdium in years, but I imagine it's still popular with high-school kids. I have never been to Playdium at the Paramount, nor to Lucid after that, and the likelihood that I'll go to this new place ranges between 0 and 0.25. Unless it gets some good buzz, in which case the likelihood might go up to 0.5 or 0.75, depending how much what I hear about it appeals to me. e.g. if what I hear is that it's like Fly, I would not go lol. But if it's a fun place like Crews, I might go.

first EDM event...

TRANSFORM @ CiRCA

featuring VICTOR CALDERONE & MARK FARINA

tickets are $25 in advance available online

@ www.wantickets.com/circa

and at these fine retailers:

PLAY DE RECORD 357 Yonge St
MOOG AUDIO 620 Queen St W
ROTATE THIS 442 Queen St W
BRANDED BOUTIQUE 161 Spadina Ave

07_Circa_Transform-1.jpg

Transform_11x17-1.jpg

Victor Calderone? Ha! Ew.
Mark Farina? Not my kind of techno :(
this is not a techno event by far. these dj's play house, just like the other 90% of resident dj's in this city.

i for one will be in the kool haus that night listening to some nice trance mixed by ferry corsten. :cool:

Even if I knew who Victor Farina and Mark Calderone were, I'd still be going to Henry and Richard for Thanksgiving dinner that night.

this is not a techno event by far. these dj's play house, just like the other 90% of resident dj's in this city.

i for one will be in the kool haus that night listening to some nice trance mixed by ferry corsten. :cool:

Oh I know Calderone is house. I always though Farina was techno though, weird. Even still, ick.
And Ferry Corsten is almost as bad! (As far as trance goes) :p

Back