News   May 02, 2024
 873     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 250     0 

CiRCA

299 bloor call control.

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere, but CiRCA is FINALLY set to open!

Peter Gatien announces date for CiRCA launch

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Four day extravaganza planned for October long weekend

Toronto, September 13, 2007 — October 4th, 2007 will mark the start of a new era for the City of Toronto as renowned New York nightlife luminary Peter Gatien opens the doors to CiRCA, his highly anticipated 55,000 square foot entertainment venue in the heart of the city’s Entertainment District. The four day opening party promises to be a weekend to remember as Torontonians, New Yorkers, and celebrities from around the globe join together to experience CiRCA for the first time.

“This is a party you won’t want to miss,†says Peter Gatien, owner of CiRCA. “There’s no doubt this has been a long time in the making, but I’m confident CiRCA is going to elevate Toronto’s international status as a city that is serious about culture and entertainment. CiRCA is a world-class venue that combines elements of art, music, fashion and film. I really believe that CiRCA is going to quickly become an important institution in this city.â€

The opening weekend is set to kickoff on Thursday, October 4th, with an exclusive, invite-only, red carpet affair for friends and supporters of Peter Gatien. The high profile event will be the first chance to experience the venue’s extensive renovations and is expected to draw a crowd that includes the who’s who of Toronto and New York. If you’re not lucky enough to get an invite to the private event, festivities will continue on Friday and Saturday with the launch of the venue’s two regular weekly events – Randomland and Traffic – and a special long weekend event on Sunday. The events, produced by acclaimed Toronto promoters A.D/D. Events and GEM Events, will pair the hottest DJs and electronic artists with elements of theatre and performance. Event and ticket information will be made available on the CiRCA website at www.circatoronto.com.

Much more than a nightclub, CiRCA is an entertainment venue designed to showcase art, fashion, music and film in a unique space designed to stimulate social interaction. The venue offers a wide range of programs and facilities including: regularly rotating art installations by local and international artists; multiple event spaces; a state-of-the-art screening room and film events in collaboration with SKYY Vodka’s critically acclaimed SKYY Cinema program; pod-casting facilities; a catering kitchen and green room facilities; a live concert stage; and the worlds’ first Kidrobot Room created by Paul Budnitz. A planned fourth floor recording studio will be up and running before the new year.

“CiRCA has given me the opportunity to take all the successful elements from my past venues and put them together inside one amazing space,†says Gatien. “Make no mistake: I wouldn’t have undertaken this project if I didn’t think that Toronto could support it. The creative energy and level of cultural awareness in Toronto right now is really amazing. I think CiRCA is something people are really going to get behind. This is only the beginning.â€

– 30 –

A pre-opening press tour and roundtable is planned for Wednesday, October 3rd. More information about this press-only event will be released closer to the opening date.

An information area has been created online at www.metonym.ca/CiRCA which has more information and resources about CiRCA, Peter Gatien and the opening weekend. Any media who wish to attend the opening weekend events will be required to pre-register prior to attending. More information about media access is available online.

For more information, or to request an interview with Peter Gatien, please contact Brian Rosevear at Metonym PR. 416-278-1045 or brian@metonym.ca.

Lookit, missy, Hydrogen can call me anything he wants ... as long as the word "young" is attached.

If I don't get to roll around on that Sensa Bar table soon ... I'm ... gonna ... explode!

The Sensa Bar is very cool... I hope they've got a defibrillator standing by for their "E" infused patrons when they experience sensory overload!

Is the sensa lighting environmentally friendly - why does the bench seating remind me of the GreyHound Bus Station except in white. Please don't tell me that my backside will light up the bench - that would be two cheeky!

Is the sensa lighting environmentally friendly - why does the bench seating remind me of the GreyHound Bus Station except in white. Please don't tell me that my backside will light up the bench - that would be two cheeky!

If one should pass gas while sitting, it not only lights the entire bench up, but changes colours as well.

Nothing like that in the bus station.

If this club ends up at least meeting expectations then perhaps it'll raise the bar for the other establishments in the area.

Back