News   Mar 28, 2024
 199     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 303     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 673     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

Didn't even realize there was a Subway there...

The new Thai place that replaced Just Thai is definitely a step up. And the food is way more authentic.

So, it's new new then? I wasn't sure if it was the same-old same-old with a new coat of paint.

There's a new pet store/dog grooming/boarding business in the old 24-7 video location.

Last edited:
Saw today that the space beside the in-progress Loaded Pierogi, and former Fresh Mart space, has a variance request posted to become a restaurant. It'll be nice to have that occupied. Feels like it's been vacant a long time, along with the old All The Best Fine Foods space.

pgvSs3Pm.jpg

That's exciting! Is the Village seeing a restaurant renaissance? The new Si Lom is really amazing! We had dinner on their patio the other night. Also, I'm surprised the perogie place is taking so long to open. Making perogies can't be that complicated, right?

Saw today that the space beside the in-progress Loaded Pierogi, and former Fresh Mart space, has a variance request posted to become a restaurant. It'll be nice to have that occupied. Feels like it's been vacant a long time, along with the old All The Best Fine Foods space.

pgvSs3Pm.jpg

Also, I'm surprised the perogie place is taking so long to open. Making perogies can't be that complicated, right?

I read here that the Loaded Pierogi guy was pressing pause on that in order to open up a Tiki bar at Gerrard and Jones.

I'm glad you think that Si Lom is good - I went once under its previous incarnation and vowed I would never go again since there is so much other good Thai food available nearby (Sabai Sabai/Sukho Thai). Will give it a chance.

Si Nom doesn't have as good of vegetarian menu as Just Thai did.

The place beside Loaded Pierogi is supposed to be Pizza Nova moving down the street, according to somebody on site who I asked a couple of months ago.

Today's Sportswear has shuttered its doors and there's a new pharmacy next to the park.

Long shot but does anyone, by chance, have photos of the Steps at the former Second Cup location which was at the corner of Church and Wellesley until 2005?

Apparently, there was an incident at the Ho's barber next to the Pizza Pizza; one of the front window was smashed. Saw the cops there taking the report. Although, I wonder what's up with it; never seen it open.

Back