News   May 03, 2024
 967     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 595     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 286     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

The Petro-Canada and A&W on Wellesley and Jarvis have finally opened for business, and so has Halal Guys on Yonge and Wellesley.

So strange to see a full A&W restaurant at a gas station that isn't off a highway. Still, what's there is better than what it replaced.

It's also 24 hours which I assume also applies to the petrol station.

Just Thai on Church Street has closed, supposedly for renovations according to the sign on the door. I hope they reopen. I liked it there and used to order their food for pickup pretty regularly.

Just Thai on Church Street has closed, supposedly for renovations according to the sign on the door. I hope they reopen. I liked it there and used to order their food for pickup pretty regularly.

There's new signage and branding up; they've changed the name but it's still Thai food.

So Cawthra Square/Barbara Hall Park seems to have returned to a state of disrepair. Lots of weeds sprouting from between the paving, uncut and weedy grass, one of the trees has been snapped in half and all but one strip of lights on the south light feature is out. Hopefully Pride weekend will shame the city into making repairs.

So Cawthra Square/Barbara Hall Park seems to have returned to a state of disrepair. Lots of weeds sprouting from between the paving, uncut and weedy grass, one of the trees has been snapped in half and all but one strip of lights on the south light feature is out. Hopefully Pride weekend will shame the city into making repairs.
I was wondering how long it would take before those lights stop working. Right from the beginning, that park wasn't properly finished. Just before World Pride, I spoke with one of the workers in that park, asking why some of the poles had covers and some didn't, leaving the screws and bolts exposed. He told me they were running behind schedule and would be covered a week after Pride. Well, of course, World Pride came and went and those poles never ever got covered, so now you have that main area under the lights with some poles with covered bases and some unfinished, with all the hardware exposed. And yes, I did phone Wong-Tam's office and the city of Toronto but obviously, nothing was done.

For some reason, Toronto always screws up on the small things. (like the bins in Berczy Park) It's quite frustrating!

I was wondering how long it would take before those lights stop working. Right from the beginning, that park wasn't properly finished. Just before World Pride, I spoke with one of the workers in that park, asking why some of the poles had covers and some didn't, leaving the screws and bolts exposed. He told me they were running behind schedule and would be covered a week after Pride. Well, of course, World Pride came and went and those poles never ever got covered, so now you have that main area under the lights with some poles with covered bases and some unfinished, with all the hardware exposed. And yes, I did phone Wong-Tam's office and the city of Toronto but obviously, nothing was done.

For some reason, Toronto always screws up on the small things. (like the bins in Berczy Park) It's quite frustrating!

Try twitter - it's a lot more public, for one. And/Or 311. Perhaps the Star Fixit as well.

AoD

There's activity at the old Urge space above Kintaro. The "For Lease" sign is gone and it looks like a tenant is getting ready to move in. It's good to see some of these vacant spaces getting filled. I wonder who's moving in?

News Release

June 29, 2017

Toronto Public Health confirms case of hepatitis A at local restaurant

Toronto Public Health is advising anyone who consumed food or beverages at O'Grady's on Church restaurant located at 518 Church St. in Toronto between June 7 and June 23 that they may have been exposed to hepatitis A.

An employee of the restaurant is a confirmed case of hepatitis A. While the risk is low, individuals who consumed food or beverages from this restaurant during these dates should watch for signs and symptoms, practice thorough hand washing and consider contacting their health care provider as they may be eligible for vaccination.

Toronto Public Health is holding free hepatitis A vaccine clinics for anyone who consumed food or beverages at this restaurant during this time period. The hepatitis A vaccine is most effective when received within 14 days of exposure.

Clinic dates and times:

• Friday, June 30 from 1 to 7 p.m. at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.

• Saturday, July 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Metro Hall, 55 John St., rooms 308 and 309

So, the Subway next to Ginger has closed down due to back rent.

Didn't even realize there was a Subway there...

The new Thai place that replaced Just Thai is definitely a step up. And the food is way more authentic.

Back