News   Jul 31, 2024
 312     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 396     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 338     2 

Church Street Bars/Clubs/Restos

any word on an official opening date? How many more hours!?!?

Huh! You're hot and bothered! Does that den of iniquity hold some special memories for you? (It does me...)

Huh! You're hot and bothered! Does that den of iniquity hold some special memories for you? (It does me...)

mostly, i miss that unrivalled-in-nature fragrance that comes from decades of stewing stale poppers and thick smoke and dirty leather and all those generations of man sweat

and that patio upstairs...omg...that was the Lounge for the Lewd and Lascivious.

ah, the good old days.....

Do remember the maze up on the top floor? That closed quickly once Fantino became Chief Inquisitor...

Do remember the maze up on the top floor? That closed quickly once Fantino became Chief Inquisitor...

Oh ya. There was a maze or darkroom in every club for awhile too. I think what I liked most about the old Barn was that it attracted all kinds of people. It had its ups and downs, but once Colby's closed it became the place where almost everybody would wind up at some point. Regardless of what the vibe is like in the new place, I'm just super thrilled that there'll be another option for dancing on Church St., and it'll put a lot more people back on that part of the street at night. That's a good thing.

Agreed. Cent pour cent.

Quarante-deux

Moi aussi, I remember my first years in Toronto when the Barn was still open, it was a great standby, since it was pretty much guaranteed for a good night of dancing without the threat of long lineups and ridiculous cover charges.

Maybe we should be on hand to welcome it back... whenever that is. When is that?

Well, this is certainly a different caliber of discussion from what I've grown accustomed to hereabouts. :)

Back