News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Change bike laws

Not to be a complete cynic, but empathy is nice to think about, bu ultimately impossible to enforce. People in general are selfish beings with selfish motives and unless the concequences of their actions are plainly visible, they will take as many shortcuts as possible.

As a side note, people in india seem to get along fine without enforced traffic rules...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM

That's a joke, right? Is that where we are headed? Mumbai or Beijing?

:eek:

Arizona bikes safe yield at stop signs law proposal

With Arizona proposing changing their laws concerning bicycles yielding instead of stopping at stop signs, there is discussion on other bicycle rules. Check out this link to see the discussion: Why I support “Bikes safe at stop signsâ€

For example:
In Bicycles are not motor vehicles and why it matters I explain why as a practical matter cyclists would be banned outright from most roads were we to actually be subjected to the same rules. There are a myriad of other, lesser, examples; pacelineing would be illegal, bikes would be required to have lights (24×7, not just at night), horns, and so forth, cyclists would have to be licensed, and thus children wouldn’t be allowed to ride bicycles (16″ or more wheelsize), bikes would require insurance and registration stickers (BLT, bicycle license tax, anyone?), there would be no riding on sidewalks statewide, nor would parking be allowed on sidewalks (I guess I would definitely have to get a kickstand). §28-735, the “3-foot passing law†would have to be repealed.

Back