News   Apr 24, 2024
 142     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 602     0 

CATHEDRAL SQUARE - fictional piazza concept

Hey 3D, anything new to report on this front? It's such a fantastic idea, and something we really need in the city! Kyle Rae is on his way out soon enough, maybe his successor will be more 'available' to good ideas?

Hey 3D, anything new to report on this front? It's such a fantastic idea, and something we really need in the city! Kyle Rae is on his way out soon enough, maybe his successor will be more 'available' to good ideas?

Yeah, maybe Kristyn Wong-Tam will like this idea. That parking lot is huge.

Yeah, maybe Kristyn Wong-Tam will like this idea. That parking lot is huge.

Do we actually know who owns this lot? It is huge and not used properly but is certainly not City owned so there are limits as to what any Councillor or Mayor can do. I suspect Mayor Ford will see it as a good site for a car park - a multi-storey one!

Do we actually know who owns this lot? It is huge and not used properly but is certainly not City owned so there are limits as to what any Councillor or Mayor can do. I suspect Mayor Ford will see it as a good site for a car park - a multi-storey one!

There are limits to be sure, but the right leadership can influence the landowner to make it happen. They're probably going to redevelop eventually. It might be soon, and there are good ideas as to how to develop it that can be pushed by the city for when the owner decides to do it.

I really can't see Rob Ford supporting such a project or any type of square in that area. Hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

Glad I stumbled across this site / thread. Great read - provides much context to a story I remember reading about in the paper a couple of years back.

Fantastic work 3D, thought it was a brilliant concept.

I remember reading the story thinking; I'm sure Rae wasn't much help to the process. I had my own issues with the former councilor. By '08 he had zero time for anyone / anything that wasn't related to one of his own personal causes / endeavors.

Perhaps I can add some context as well ...

I am very familiar with the land ownership group. Conjecture within this thread towards density possibilities is accurate. And, given the multiple [global] interests which make up this group, departing from a valuation that considers anything beyond maximum density is extremely challenging.

Contrary to the article suggesting the "right price' hasn't been identified - it has, however financing fell through ...

Back