News   Apr 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 412     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 768     0 

Cannot Create New Threads -WHY ?

dp_toronto:

Avoid two-word postings that contribute little to the threads (those will be deleted, setting you further back). If you have a burning hot forum topic you'd like to start a new thread on, let us know and we may consider posting it for you depend on the nature of the topic.

MoD

Hi,

I've been a registered UT forums user for quite a while -- just a browser and almost never a poster.

I would like to start a new thread in the "Buildings, Architecture & Urban Design" subforum but I apparently do not have the required 20 posts in order to do so. Basically, here is what I'd post:

I am currently intent on purchasing a condo in our city, particularly in the Mimico/South Etobicoke area. Currently, builder quality has me concerned after reading certain horror stories. It has been repeated ad nauseum that Tridel, Monarch and Daniels are the builders to look for. What about buildings built by less prominent builders? In particular, I currently have my eyes set on a building by Davies Smith Developments (more about that later). Looking at their web site (http://www.davies-smith.com/project-overview), they have had limited building experience within Toronto proper -- most projects where they've been involved as the builder are located in Mississauga/Burlington. Does anyone have any experience with this developer? Referring to their website again, it is stated that they were the builders for CityGate (Mississauga), The Rowe (Whitby), Solstice (Mississauga), ONYX (Mississauga), Hearthstone by the Bay (retirement, Toronto), Ironstone (Burlington) and Eleven Superior (Toronto). Have you had any experience with these buildings?

I am specifically interested in Grenadier Landing, which was constructed by Davies Smith in 2003. Do you or your friends/family members have experience with actually living in the building? Bluntly asking, after all of these years, are there any deficiencies with this building, e.g. with noise proofing/insulation? I understand that if I actually decide to go through with the purchase, there will be things like home inspections and condo status certificates to protect me, but I was hoping to hear some real-life experiences before I am too committed.

I've searched online and can only find discussions about more prominent developments by prominent developers in recent years, nothing pertaining to older buildings by more obscure developers.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Is this appropriate for discussion here? Could it be posted on my behalf?

Thanks!

^Yes, this is very frustrating for people who mostly lurk. Could the limit be removed for people with low post levels who've been members for over certain amount of time?

^Yes, this is very frustrating for people who mostly lurk. Could the limit be removed for people with low post levels who've been members for over certain amount of time?

It has been removed in the past when people ask us.

Hi, i have a problem im a new member and want to ask something about toronto.

im not a resident of toronto yet tho but is onlY planning to move there.

i cannot contribute to any topics at all. How will I improve my post count without spamming?
I dont want to post on threads because i have no significant things to say or contribute since im not yet living in toronto

Back