News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 709     0 

CampusCommon (50 Gerrard E, student rental @ Church St, 12s, Burgess)

And people complained when Toronto looked to New York for inspiration well ... you got Edmonton boys!

They call this one a Standard Triple (three bedroom), what the hell?

standardt_floorplan.gif

And what's up with the prices? A 2 bedroom with no common area is $1530 a month. You can find places that offer more for around that price range..

This monstrosity makes me appreciate the McKinsey building on Charles Street West all the more. Take a look at Ryerson's architecture building just down the street on Church. Blah begets blah.

This monstrosity makes me appreciate the McKinsey building on Charles Street West all the more.

Wha?????

The McKinsey building on Charles West is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. We don't need crap like this to remind us of that fact.

wow...you can pay 2000/month for a condominium with a pool, gym, squash, running track, billiards...and have 1300 square feet to work with instead of half that square footage...what are they thinking? they must be trying to rape our bank accounts, for sure.

That is disgusting.

It looks like they just visited Canadian Tire and bought the miss-matched paint at a discounted price to finish off the building.

Just exposed myself to those images again and I don't think that green is the final colour. It looks like some sort of sealant used under the insulation/Styrofoam that they stucco then paint over. Still this is yet another Ryerson Fuck You to Toronto's urban fabric. Are they going to give us one every few years?

Just exposed myself to those images again and I don't think that green is the final colour. It looks like some sort of sealant used under the insulation/Styrofoam that they stucco then paint over. Still this is yet another Ryerson Fuck You to Toronto's urban fabric. Are they going to give us one every few years?

Ryerson's not building it though - isn't Delterra the rental arm of Tridel?

I dont think that green is going to stay as an external colour, so dont fret too much about it.

To me, this looks like a typical Dutch building. So many people on this forum have gone on about how great Dutch architecture is, yet that is posted about this building is negative. The red and beige colours arent bad. This isnt a horrible building. It is infill that is non-offensive to most people and provides student housing. Not all buildings are going to be designed to be a gem, and nor should they.

$2000/month for a 2 bedroom.... if they couldnt rent it out, the price would drop. I am sure they have done their homework and know that they will be able to charge this price. Capitalism boys and girls....

I've seen some background shots of 50 Gerrard on CITY-TV for Film Festival coverage at Ryerson and it doesn't look horrible.

I've seen some background shots of 50 Gerrard on CITY-TV for Film Festival coverage at Ryerson and it doesn't look horrible.
trust me, when u see it in person it's a whole different story. ill take some updated shots on monday when i have classes.

I was at a Ryerson screening today at 1pm & had a gander at it. It's still incomplete but it's fair to say at this point that it is quite simply a forgettable, cheaply built, stunningly uncreative box. It doesn't look bad, it doesn't look good, it just doesn't matter.

Back