News   Jun 17, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Cabbagetown

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3A1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 216638 ZZC 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 7, 2013

Project: Multiple-Use Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct partial 2nd, 3rd and full 4th floor additions to an existing mixed use building. New builing will be a 4 storey building with 7 residential units and commercial on the ground floor. Proposal includes 433 and 435 Parliament St. (new/same owner for both properties - to be merged)

Just month's after the Bargain Shop re-branded as "MyMark" they are going out of business. The location on Parliament has a going out of business sale - everything must go. Apparently the chain is in creditor protection and Dollarama is rumored to be interested in taking over many locations. Hopefully Parliament street will be one of them!

I walked by the other day and could see inside; it looks like Dollarama has taken over the space.

Parliament Street restaurants are getting punny; "Pho U" is opening soon in a long abandoned space on the west side, just south of Gerrard.

I can't tell if you're making a joke about their name, or if you don't know what bbq means. I'm guessing the former. Well done.

"420 Smokehouse" sounds like something out of Amsterdam.

I tried out Local Jest in the old Ben Wicks space. It was awful. It'll probably last a year. Thank God for The HoP, because dining options between the DVP and Yonge are horrid.

That would be great. Dollarama is the best for kids craft and school supplies.

It really surprises me that the other discount stores weren't able to survive there. I hope Dollarama has a winning formula, because it really is a great place for a lot of things (it always amazes me what you can find there for a buck or two).

"420 Smokehouse" sounds like something out of Amsterdam.

I tried out Local Jest in the old Ben Wicks space. It was awful. It'll probably last a year. Thank God for The HoP, because dining options between the DVP and Yonge are horrid.

I was there a few weeks ago on a Monday evening. I found my food was fairly good but my friend's dish was cold. Twice. Service was poor, despite it being as empty as Ben Wick's was. I don't see it lasting that long either unless it steps up its game, quickly. HoP is great, but too busy.

Back