News   May 06, 2024
 451     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 663     1 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

I guess the next phase..

1100 KING ST W

OPA / Rezoning 11 210449 STE 14 OZ Ward 14
- Tor & E.York Jun 3, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposal to construct 4 condo towers with 638 residential units with ground floor and below grade commercial.

Ha! I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me when I spotted 4 towers east of Joe Shuster Way in that recent render. They better have retail to enliven this dead stretch of King...

Ha! I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me when I spotted 4 towers east of Joe Shuster Way in that recent render. They better have retail to enliven this dead stretch of King...

I guess they will have retail on the north side of King street from the rail bridge oppisite Atlantic ave. west to Joe Shuster Way, that will liven up the area.
Now we'll be talking, if they can only do in with the City of Toronto lands on King west to Dufferin with retail development.:cool:

something like 60,000 square feet of retail is planned for the site.

^ Excellent news. One thing that still hasn't been addressed however is that in the most recent render, it appears that Atlantic avenue will be continued north under the rail tracks. That doesn't seem realistic however, given that it doesn't really have a good place to go. It can't connect with Dovercourt because there are townhomes and a small theatre in the way. You could swing it just to the west of the theatre to meet Sudbury street, but that would just create an annoying jog because traffic would have to go east or west to continue north.

part of the proposed retail is a grocery store which I hope may be the relocation of the Metro opening that site to higher density commercial

5875508856_2cdcfb1cb8_b.jpg

if i may be pardoned for not searching thru the previous pages - what is the dealio with the 'bridge' in the project - is it coming? when? A shortcut from Queen to Lamport/NSS would be most welcomed...

That is just horribly ugly, isn't it.....if for no other reason that it looks like cheap public housing.

Good job on bringing retail to the area, but where is the bridge?!?!?

Buyers need to start demanding to get delivered what was promised.

Good job on bringing retail to the area, but where is the bridge?!?!?

Buyers need to start demanding to get delivered what was promised.

I live in Parkdale, and we received a notice a few months back about the discussions for various infrastructure upgrades, including the bridge.

Back