News   Apr 25, 2024
 169     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Board seems to be running very slow

The forum is being really slow again, made a double post, seeing lots of double posts from other people too (not sure if messages are going through so we click twice...) :(

This site seems to get more and more aggravating. Simple text posts can take up to a minute, navigating from page to page can take up to 30 secs, etc, etc. I probably give up 2 or 3 times a day in frustration and I only post about 10% of the pics I take. On top all that, no one has bothered to address this or offer an explanation.

Yes, it is really MUCH slower recently. I realise that running the site costs $$ (and lots of volunteer help) but it would be better ifthings speeded up somewhat!

Along with it being slow, I get multiple "new message" emails for a thread, but when I go to the thread, it's the same message multiple times. It's frustrating to wait for the page to load only to see a message I've already read. For example, I've received at least two alerts about DSC's message above, which was posted almost 24 hours ago -- I was notified last night and again this morning. The email alerts come hours after the message is posted, which I expect is the reason for the multiple alerts -- the system is catching up with messages. Those alerts used to be almost immediate.

Last edited:
Along with it being slow, I get multiple "new message" emails for a thread, but when I go to the thread, it's the same message multiple times. It's frustrating to wait for the page to load only to see a message I've already read. For example, I've received at least two alerts about DSC's message above, which was posted almost 24 hours ago -- I was notified last night and again this morning. The email alerts come hours after the message is posted, which I expect is the reason for the multiple alerts -- the system is catching up with messages. Those alerts used to be almost immediate.

I have the same problem. I cancelled all those alerts in my profile, but I still receive them... the system has yet to catch up with my profile change, I suppose.

The site has been extremely slow lately.

I am getting 'mail from thread postings 12 - 14 hours after they have been written as well as slow response when attempting to view'write/respond to every thread.

(None of the above is due to my "confuser", in that I run with an SSD, aka Solid State Drive, which gives instant response re loading.)

Regards,
J T

I am getting 'mail from thread postings 12 - 14 hours after they have been written as well as slow response when attempting to view'write/respond to every thread.

(None of the above is due to my "confuser", in that I run with an SSD, aka Solid State Drive, which gives instant response re loading.)

Regards,
J T

When trying to post the above, it resulted in a "DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE THIS PAGE" alert to which I responded as "YES".

I then recieved a "The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds."

So here I sit. (LOL)

Today, Tuesday November 27:

Recieved an 'mail at 2:22 AM that was dated November 25, 9:40 AM.

Regards,
J T

(No hesitation when posting this.)

Last edited:
Browse & delivery times are starting to return to somewhat normal.

Thank you, Edward & Company.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
On and off every day :)
Still getting the notice after posting about leaving the page, but if you click "stay on page" it ends up being a duplicate post.

Although it didn't happen when I posted this reply!

on and off today. It just took me (timed it) 52 seconds to load a thread, while google, wikipedia and youtube all load within a fraction of a second. Email notifications are arriving within 10 minutes (compared to the multiple days it took a few weeks ago) but the "stay on page/leave page" is still very much an issue.
even while posting this:
hSU7E.jpg

Last edited:

Back