News   Apr 23, 2024
 9     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 821     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 283     0 

Blue Jays

Blue Jays broadcaster Jerry Howarth retires after 36 seasons https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-broadcaster-jerry-howarth-retires-36-seasons/

His voice will be greatly missed this season. He is such a class act! I really hope Jerry isn't replaced by the egomaniac Mike Wilner. I've listen to his call in radio show, he can't have a conversation without insulting and belittling people. I don't know what Sportsnet see's in this guy?

Good riddance Mike Wilnar you ignorant jerk! Now i can listen to the Jays radio show again. I couldn't stomach Wilner's snarky condescending attitude, he seem to enjoy belittling his callers. School yard bully style.

Good riddance Mike Wilnar you ignorant jerk! Now i can listen to the Jays radio show again. I couldn't stomach Wilner's snarky condescending attitude, he seem to enjoy belittling his callers. School yard bully style.

I had an argument with him on Reddit recently. He was more than condescending.

I had an argument with him on Reddit recently. He was more than condescending.

Yeah that's Mike. He blocked me on Twitter a few years back, when i criticized the Jays pitching. He flew off the rails in his reply, then blocked me, so i couldn't respond. The dude was such a homer and a Rogers lap dog.

I was always shocked at how Wilner would defend everything Ricciardi did. No matter how poor the results or how bad the move, he'd have an excuse ready to go.

After that it was hard for me to take him seriously.

Elite closer Kirby Yates agrees to deal to play for the Toronto Blue Jays:

Details will be available later.

He was among the top closers in baseball in 2019 when he was with the San Diego Padres. He led the Majors with 41 saves in that year.

I found this very adorable photo of Kirby wearing a Blue Jays cap on Reddit:

5bqogml4rrb61.jpg

Source:
According to Redditor Planet_Kirby, it's supposedly a charm to attract Yates to play for the Jays.

Jays also avoided arbitration and sign Teoscar Hernandez to a really reasonably priced 1 year deal:

Me 2 days ago: I don't want that Astros cheater Springer, even if it means we can win
Me now: OMG WE GOT SPRINGER

Brantley would've contributed further to some incredible hitting depth, but I'm still okay without him.

If all the young guns incrementally improve, Teoscar continues the form from last season, along with the addition of Springer, then that's still pretty solid.

I would like to see the money that would've gone to Brantley be invested towards improving the pitching staff however possible.

Brantley would've contributed further to some incredible hitting depth, but I'm still okay without him.

If all the young guns incrementally improve, Teoscar continues the form from last season, along with the addition of Springer, then that's still pretty solid.

I would like to see the money that would've gone to Brantley be invested towards improving the pitching staff however possible.
There's plenty of arms available to choose from, such as Bauer (as long as he keeps his political views to himself), Paxton, Odorizzi, Walker, and Tanaka.

Regarding Tanaka, he helped Yates develop his pitch in 2016 when Yates was a Yankee (and Yates was at the "yet another reliever" stage before he found his groove in San Diego). If Tanaka were to join the Blue Jays, he would be reunited with Yates.

Hand would be a great bullpen addition (especially given that before Hand was traded to Cleveland, Hand was the Padres' closer; Yates became the Padres' closer after the trade (and Yates became an elite closer in his own right); if Hand were to join the Blue Jays, he would be reunited with Yates).

Last edited:
There's plenty of arms available to choose from, such as Bauer (as long as he keeps his political views to himself), Paxton, Odorizzi, Walker, and Tanaka.

Regarding Tanaka, he helped Yates develop his pitch in 2016 when Yates was a Yankee (and Yates was at the "yet another reliever" stage before he found his groove in San Diego). If Tanaka were to join the Blue Jays, he would be reunited with Yates.

Hand would be a great bullpen addition (especially given that before Hand was traded to Cleveland, Hand was the Padres' closer; Yates became the Padres' closer after the trade (and Yates became an elite closer in his own right); if Hand were to join the Blue Jays, he would be reunited with Yates).

I can't see the Jays ever wanting Bauer. he'd be a PR nightmare. Great pitcher, but the guy is a crazy goofball.

Back