News   Apr 19, 2024
 427     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 758     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 764     1 

Blue Jays

Vlad jr has made way too many stupid errors this season. No way the third base coach told him to run.

Vlad wouldn't be getting away with this crap if Gibby was coaching. Gilbby would have been at the top of the dugout steps ready to rip him a new one, like he did with Donaldson and Pillar when they did something stupid.

Rays win 3-1. The Jays are on the brink of elimination with their 2020 campaign on the line.
The Rays KOed Ryu and won 8-2.

Rays: Montoyo, don't cry. There's always a next year... By the way, you were a tough opponent.

Jays: If we don't succeed, try, try again.

GAME OVER

At least the young Jays players get valuable playoff experience for future seasons. The future is bright.

Looks like I might go with another team to win it all this year.

Last edited:
Crappy way to go out, but expected at some point in this current format of playoffs with this team being so young and inexperienced, along with such shoddy pitching.

Some positives gained from this season though are the emergence of Teoscar Hernandez and Lourdes Gourriel. I think we all expected big things from the likes of Gourriel, Vladdy, Bichette and Biggio, but Teoscar finding a breakthrough has been a pleasant surprise.

Not sure how far off Austin Martin is away from making big league impact, but he'd be another key prospect in the future. Shame with the pandemic and the contract situation going on between MLB and minor league baseball, as playing in the minors is so key to developing young players. I'd say even more important than other major sports in North America where drafted players typically join the big leagues right away.

Gradually improving the pitching staff will be the major project though. I see the Jays being similar as the Leafs. Lots of young guns on offence, but the pitching/defence is still a work in progress.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the Rays move on to beat the Yankees and are now up 2-0 on the Astros. Operating on a modest budget and not necessarily an overly talented team, the Rays seem to be getting good value out of the players they put together. They're a scrappy bunch and have been getting timely pitching when needed. Goes to show how important it is to assemble a quality pitching staff.

It's interesting to see the Rays move on to beat the Yankees and are now up 2-0 on the Astros. Operating on a modest budget and not necessarily an overly talented team, the Rays seem to be getting good value out of the players they put together. They're a scrappy bunch and have been getting timely pitching when needed. Goes to show how important it is to assemble a quality pitching staff.
The Rays popularized the opener concept of having a relief pitcher pitch one or two innings before the main pitcher pitches.

Kevin Cash is such an innovative manager who does extremely well with the players he has while under a tight budget.

The Rays popularized the opener concept of having a relief pitcher pitch one or two innings before the main pitcher pitches.

Kevin Cash is such an innovative manager who does extremely well with the players he has while under a tight budget.

Cash is also a former Blue Jay, spending the beginning of his playing career here between 2002-04.

Dodgers should definitely be favourites here, and they've been one of the strongest teams in baseball for years now. I kind of prefer the Rays to win it though. This is likely the best chance they'll ever have at winning the World Series. The only team in the AL East that I truly hate are the Yankees. I've always seen the Rays as a Moneyball type small market team that just works hard, especially beginning with the Joe Maddon days.

Last edited:

Back