News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 953     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Is it me or does it Look like there's finally some activity on bloor?? With these 2 announcements. Dolce and Stuart.

Puma. I'm pretty sure the bloor montblanc is one of their top performing stores.

Puma no longer exists I thought? It's now North Face. I really hope Stuart Weitzman replacing North Face (it hasn't been on the street for long, though), it would be such a shame to lose Montblanc or Ports. Fantastic confirmation of Dolce and Gabbana

I heard a couple of years ago the head of toronto montblanc operations say that this store is one of the top performing monblancs in N.A.. I just can't see them closing down. In fact he said we want a bigger space but we can't find it on bloor.

It's definitely North Face. I've been living under a rock apparently since I didn't even know they were closed/closing.
What's more interesting is this article posted by Retail-Insider...

http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/12/dolce-gabbana-opening-free-standing.html

DOLCE & GABBANA Opening Free-Standing Toronto Store

Dolce & Gabbana will open it first free-standing Canadian store at 111 Bloor Street West. The building is 6945 square feet, and the store will occupy most of the space over two floors. Dolce & Gabbana confirms the store will include a full range of men's and women's fashions, accessories and footwear.

Toronto will be the sixth North American city to have a free-standing Dolce & Gabbana store. Dolce & Gabbana has free-standing boutique locations in Bal Harbour Florida, Beverly Hills California, Las Vegas Nevada, New York City and Short Hills, New Jersey.

Dolce & Gabbana currently has a women's shop-in-store at Holt Renfrew's Bloor Street flagship location. Our Holt Renfrew insider says that, to the best of their knowledge, the Holt Renfrew Dolce & Gabbana shop-in-store will remain.

The 111 Bloor Street building is a reconfigured heritage building that previously housed a Louis Vuitton boutique (which recently moved to 150 Bloor W) and before that, a multi-brand mens/women's retailer called Giorgio Couture.

We will be announcing other Bloor Street retail tenants once locations are confirmed. One we can reveal now is Stuart Weitzman at 151 Bloor Street West in space currently occupied by The North Face. Others include an Italian footwear/accessories design house and a French fashion house which recently acquired a new fashion designer.

Dolce & Gabbana website: www.dolcegabbana.com

So I stand corrected, Toronto will be D&G's 6th freestanding store not 5th. I miscounted. More importantly, the Italian footwear designer can really only be Ferragamo and the French fashion house with a new head designer can only be Dior. Someone jump in if you think I'm way off base here.

Puma no longer exists I thought? It's now North Face. I really hope Stuart Weitzman replacing North Face (it hasn't been on the street for long, though), it would be such a shame to lose Montblanc or Ports. Fantastic confirmation of Dolce and Gabbana

You're right... I forgot that Puma was replaced by North Face (i go into neither)... which I guess is a comment about how sporty I am?

And ACT - I agree - Ferragamo and Dior are the obvious new stores that Retail Insider hints at.

I feel like when it comes to Bloor-Yorkville information, Retail-Insider tends to regurgitate information found in this thread?
The North Face store hasn't been on Bloor for long, which worries me that perhaps it isn't the store being replaced

Well Montblanc is too small a space for Stuart Weitzman to be taking anyway so I'm not too worried about that.
What I'm curious about is how The North Face didn't last. I didn't think Bloor was the right spot for it, but it did always seem pretty busy. To me, they're more a Yonge & Dundas or Queen West store.

It's definitely North Face. I've been living under a rock apparently since I didn't even know they were closed/closing.
What's more interesting is this article posted by Retail-Insider...

http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/12/dolce-gabbana-opening-free-standing.html

So I stand corrected, Toronto will be D&G's 6th freestanding store not 5th. I miscounted. More importantly, the Italian footwear designer can really only be Ferragamo and the French fashion house with a new head designer can only be Dior. Someone jump in if you think I'm way off base here.

YSL also got a new head designer this year...

If bloor street was long then I wouldn't have minded having a mix of high end with low end. However, Given that they're all vying for a spot, then that little section should be only allocated to high end stores. Michigan ave has everything on it, but then again it goes on and on and inspite of having every store on it, it still has a few for lease signs. Over there, oak street is also becoming a high end shopping destination. With Marc Jacobs, Bruno cuccinelli, Barney's, jimmy choo. So would be cool if the high end started to move into the side streets of yorkville a little.

Happy to hear that Stuart Weitzman is moving into Bloor. The TEC store is okay, but this one will have more selection (and hopefully more size 4 1/2 and 5 shoes for yours truly). Anyone know who's moving into the old Betsey Johnson spot? It's been leased.

Balenciaga also recently got a new designer (Alexander Wang)...I imagine that would be asking for too much though :)

Why don't stores locate slightly further along Bloor St though? I really don't get it. Do they not think people will walk there?

Hopefully there will be expansion. I would thought if things had been planned right, westward expansion across from the ROM to Prince Arthur could have made alot of sense but the with the current development there doesn't seem to have the space attractive to highend retail. Maybe once 1 Bloor is built and their retail is open -it will free up some more space. I hope the retail space at 1 Bloor is well designed - because I could see a lot mid - upper range shops setting up there - but I worry after reading the comments about Aura's retail space. I haven't been there but the commments are overwhelmingly negative. In any great news about Bloor Street.

I've never really been down Bloor St during the weekdays (yes I'm still quite new), and I was surprised how busy it was. It really did remind me of walking down the Mag Mile, but it's only missing some mid-range stores. Adding stores like The North Face and Artzia really bring more people to Bloor. Of course it's great to have the upper-end stores, but only so many can actually afford to shop there. If we got a flagship Apple Store (I'm still SO surprised we don't have one), Express, Levis, maybe a massive Forever 21, etc, we'd be up there with Chicago when it comes to the prime retail shopping strip. We just need some more flagship stores from mid-brands to come on Bloor, which isn't a bad thing at all. We're almost there, I just think that retail can definitely expand past the ROM, and more likely past Yonge, especially when One Bloor is complete.

Back