358     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

The old Louis Vuitton store

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1P7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 295488 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 18, 2012

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing retail store, new tenant to be "Dolce and Gabbana" (648.46m2).

The old Louis Vuitton store

TORONTO ON M5S 1P7

Application#: 12 295488 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 18, 2012

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing retail store, new tenant to be "Dolce and Gabbana" (648.46m2).

Great news! So that leaves only a couple of spaces where Dior and Ferragamo can set up. Rumour is that Ferragamo has leased the old Tiffany though. Still waiting on confirmation of that.

...and there's still, of course, the pseudo-cursed old MAC spot.

Last edited:
Great news.
Just got back from Chicago. They're getting it all down there. Incredible. But I don't believe they have a D & G

Great news.
Just got back from Chicago. They're getting it all down there. Incredible. But I don't believe they have a D & G

Yah, I heard, YSL, Tom Ford to name a few.
At any rate, this will be only the 8th stand alone D&G in NA. But if you discount the fact that L.A., Las Vegas, and NYC have separate mens and womens stores, this is only the 5th city in NA.

This doesn't seem to leave a lot of space for Dior.

Very true. I actually can't think of any space right now so it may not be until 1 Bloor East is completed that we see Dior. Like I said, the rumour is that Ferragamo has signed a lease in the old Tiffany, but nothing confirmed yet.

Very true. I actually can't think of any space right now so it may not be until 1 Bloor East is completed that we see Dior. Like I said, the rumour is that Ferragamo has signed a lease in the old Tiffany, but nothing confirmed yet.

Unless Dior is taking 80 Bloor, but I really had a feeling that would become J Crew. The other hypothetical is that the entire Nike/Escada space is being reconfigured (that passageway is a huge amount of space) and Dior is going there? (I'm just totally guessing at that - I have no idea) The other option would be something like Jacob/ Guess moving out.

TORONTO ON M5S 1S4

Application#: 12 296268 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 19, 2012

Description: Proposal for inteior alterations to existing retail store - new tenant is 'Stuart Weitzman".

Yah, I heard, YSL, Tom Ford to name a few.
At any rate, this will be only the 8th stand alone D&G in NA. But if you discount the fact that L.A., Las Vegas, and NYC have separate mens and womens stores, this is only the 5th city in NA.

I've always wondered: what's up with the "Dolce" and "Gabbana" stores across the street from each other in Yorkville? Are they not actually related to Dolce & Gabbana?

Back