News   Jun 17, 2024
 198     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 252     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 384     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

For some reason bloor loses its glam once you go passed Holt's, even though the stores are decent mid range stores. That's why I'm thinking 1 bloor wouldn't be able to attract high end brands. An apple store? Sure, but not a Zegna or a Dior. Also In my opinion the bay has to do something with that facade, the royal bank at that corner as well, its just too blah. I understand it's a bank, but it doesn't mean they cant make their facades more attractive. It would change the area a lot.

For some reason bloor loses its glam once you go passed Holt's, even though the stores are decent mid range stores. That's why I'm thinking 1 bloor wouldn't be able to attract high end brands. An apple store? Sure, but not a Zegna or a Dior. Also In my opinion the bay has to do something with that facade, the royal bank at that corner as well, its just too blah. I understand it's a bank, but it doesn't mean they cant make their facades more attractive. It would change the area a lot.

I would love to see them redo the whole facade of the bay and open it up the street, with stores. The Bay could make some money by reconfiguring and sub-leasing the space. It seems like they have no other plans for the bloor store since word came out that their bloomingdales deal fell through

The owners are probably closely watching the renovation / recladding of the old Eaton's/Sears in Vancouver, crunching their own numbers...

I wonder if they'll have any kind of a Bloor St presence.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 297334 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 21, 2012

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to basement, ground and 2nd floor for new cafe/retail, and mech work throughout. Occupant load = 100. Tenant - "Nespresso". Convenience address - 159 Cumberland Street. Note: Also see active BLD permit for int demo 12 108095.

So it would seem that the staff at The North Face have no idea their store is closing. That means they're either going to find out shortly or the 151 address that Stuart Weitzman is taking is something else. I can't for a second believe it's Montblanc or Max Mara since MM just finished a reno not too long ago. Ports??? That would suck since it's only a handful of Ports stores left in the world.

So it would seem that the staff at The North Face have no idea their store is closing. That means they're either going to find out shortly or the 151 address that Stuart Weitzman is taking is something else. I can't for a second believe it's Montblanc or Max Mara since MM just finished a reno not too long ago. Ports??? That would suck since it's only a handful of Ports stores left in the world.

This was the same for Puma when they occupied that space. I asked the associates if they were closing down after hearing the rumours here, and they all said no. But sure enough they were gone a couple of months later.

So I've noticed that there is crazy leasing activity on Cumberland, Yorkville, and Bellair. The old Louis Black has been leased, a unit at 70 Yorkville has been leased, and has been mentioned, the old Hugo Boss on Cumberland and old Betsy Johnson on Yorkville has been leased to name a few. I hope to God these will not be some B.S. FroYo, tanning, or hair salon that sometimes seem to perpetually open up in these types of spaces.

So I've noticed that there is crazy leasing activity on Cumberland, Yorkville, and Bellair. The old Louis Black has been leased, a unit at 70 Yorkville has been leased, and has been mentioned, the old Hugo Boss on Cumberland and old Betsy Johnson on Yorkville has been leased to name a few. I hope to God these will not be some B.S. FroYo, tanning, or hair salon that sometimes seem to perpetually open up in these types of spaces.

Hasn't Louis Black just opened in the Hazelton?

There's a rumor that the old Mac store is going to be a bulgari!!! It's on retail insider's Facebook page.

There's a rumor that the old Mac store is going to be a bulgari!!! It's on retail insider's Facebook page.

Yah, I saw that, but someone else posted that, not Retail Insider themselves. That would be amazing, but I'll believe it when I see it. That spot would be ideal for a Bulgari-ish retailer but it's been vacant for so long that I'm wondering what's going on with it. Considering the leasing on Bloor and surrounding area has picked up as of late, it doesn't make a lick of sense as to why it has sat idle this long.

Yeah, it would make a great small tod's, jimmy choo's, links of london, la perla. A small boutique. Uve see any activity inside lately?? Besides, that guy who made the comment seems to be in the know.

Yeah, it would make a great small tod's, jimmy choo's, links of london, la perla. A small boutique. Uve see any activity inside lately?? Besides, that guy who made the comment seems to be in the know.

I haven't personally seen any activity in there except once there was a ladder inside near the window. That was weeks ago and now it's gone. I hope that guy is right though. There used to be a Bulgari boutique at Royal de Versaille but it's been Rolex for years now.

Back