News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 668     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 306     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I was told by a very reliable source that Holt Renfrew slips in fakes all the time, and I was quite angered to hear this. I know i bought an Armani Collezioni sweater last year from them, and I ponder it's authenticity until this day, it say made in China, and I'm not sure if Armani operates through China, but now I'm scared to even go in there. Does anybody know if Armani products have made in china labels on some of them?

I have heard that too over the years.
I don't know about Armani, I know Hugo Boss is made in china all your paying for with Armani and Hugo are the brand names not quality. There is better brands out there made Europe and even Canada that have much better quality than made in china Armani and Hugo Boss.

I was told by a very reliable source that Holt Renfrew slips in fakes all the time, and I was quite angered to hear this. I know i bought an Armani Collezioni sweater last year from them, and I ponder it's authenticity until this day, it say made in China, and I'm not sure if Armani operates through China, but now I'm scared to even go in there. Does anybody know if Armani products have made in china labels on some of them?

Sounds to me like an urban legend -- the type that often crop up around established brands. A high-end retailer like HR has way too much at stake in terms of its reputation with both customers and suppliers to be pulling fast ones like that. All the more so, when it is relatively easy to detect counterfeits.

Some of Armani Collezioni is made in China. Even a lot of Prada items are made in China now. Expect the trend to continue. China is becoming too expensive for low-end manufacturing.

A lot of top labels have certain articles made in China. Burberry, Hugo Boss, Armani, etc. It doesn't mean they're fakes. It means those companies are lame.

I really hope it's just urban legend, like i said though, very reliable source informed me of the store slipping in fakes once in awhile to make profit. As for the comment that Holt Renfrew has too much in stake, nobody can really tell a fake from a legit these days, even if the item comes with a authenticated tag. I hope one day they get caught if it is true.

A lot of top labels have certain articles made in China. Burberry, Hugo Boss, Armani, etc. It doesn't mean they're fakes. It means those companies are lame.

I've never understood the prejudice against Chinese-made products. Are you suggesting that these companies may be exploiting Chinese workers? Or are you saying the Chinese just don't produce goods of as high a quality as, say, the Italians? I think either assertion is highly debatable.

I've never understood the prejudice against Chinese-made products.

Chinese-made products have a reputation for being poorer quality. This reputation didn't come out of the blue. And although it's improving, insiders I've spoken with still believe that they are inferior in quality to European-made articles.

But my real beef is the cynical motivation behind moving operations to China. The big labels charge an arm and a leg for these products, yet they still feel the need to save a few bucks by having them made in China.

Chinese-made products have a reputation for being poorer quality. This reputation didn't come out of the blue.

That's my point. "Reputation", or to put it another way, conventional wisdom is often wrong. When I was a kid, "made in Japan" was an all-purpose punch line when you wanted to say "you just bought a cheap piece of crap there buddy." But the truth is, that by the 60's and 70's, the Japanese were actually making higher quality cars and TVs than Europeans and Americans.

Like everyone else, a huge proportion of the goods I buy made in China. Some of it is good (my iPod, my Burberry sweater), some of it not so good.

Long time Avenue Rd. restaurant Boba is for lease. I think they were there for 20 years.

I think there was an article in the Star or something a couple of months ago about Boba's impending closure, victim of the economy, etc...

Cole Haan

Ha. Im literally sitting in the window seat in the Bloor Starbucks. What happened to Cole Haan? it was closed and had scaffolding. Is it permanent or just a renovation.

cartier is starting to take shape too. Bloor has to get more high-end! UGH! Doesn't even compare to New York. Maybe even vancouver might start beating it! Comeon! We need an armani, dior, versace!

Back