News   Mar 28, 2024
 271     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 250     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 288     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Hate to break it but...I think this is becoming a Hakim Optical...

Application: Sign Permit
TORONTO ON M5R 2A5
Ward 11: University-Rosedale
Application#: 20 112085 SGN 00 SP
Accepted Date: Feb 6, 2020
Project: First Party
Work: New
Description: To erect and display two illuminated wall signs. ****HAKIM OPTICAL****

Hate to break it but...I think this is becoming a Hakim Optical...

Application: Sign Permit
TORONTO ON M5R 2A5
Ward 11: University-Rosedale
Application#: 20 112085 SGN 00 SP
Accepted Date: Feb 6, 2020
Project: First Party
Work: New
Description: To erect and display two illuminated wall signs. ****HAKIM OPTICAL****

That's extremely disappointing. Although... David's and Capezio were 6,000 square feet combined. Right now there is 1,100 square feet remaining. So this would imply someone leased 4,900 square feet. That feels big for a Hakim, which is usually around 2200 square feet. Wishful thinking but perhaps David's was split into 2? Hakim, moving into a bay street address and something else on Bloor. (Just a thought).

Renderings of the Charles Promenade from the Greater Yorkville Residents Association Newsletter. I really hope they do something about the Balmuto side, they‘ve had two fires in the garbage bins there over the past 4-5 years.
AF7E3AD0-C5CE-4B79-9F97-DF5A9D647EE7.jpeg

Renderings of the Charles Promenade from the Greater Yorkville Residents Association Newsletter. I really hope they do something about the Balmuto side, they‘ve had two fires in the garbage bins there over the past 4-5 years.
View attachment 244689

Hmm, I missed this post somehow.

As to the renders..........better than it is now..........that's not much to brag about.

I don't think the open space around the entrance makes much sense as envisioned.

No green, very sterile.

If you wanted to keep space here, there should at least be a patio, if not two.

Each of which would 'green' the space seasonally.

The austereness of it is unpleasant.

Hmm, I missed this post somehow.

As to the renders..........better than it is now..........that's not much to brag about.

I don't think the open space around the entrance makes much sense as envisioned.

No green, very sterile.

If you wanted to keep space here, there should at least be a patio, if not two.

Each of which would 'green' the space seasonally.

The austereness of it is unpleasant.

I agree that it is a lost opportunity and could be so much better. No green landscaping is very sad.

RI notes that the gap is closing their flagship at Bloor and Bay. Lotta retail space there. If I were Holt Renfrew I'd move my Men's Store there (which, if the lobby access to the office build was reconfigured to a bay street access point vs bloor street) could also have a direct connection to the main store and would have the corner windows...

I agree that it is a lost opportunity and could be so much better. No green landscaping is very sad.
In fact, there are planters currently that aren't in the rendering, so they're *losing* greenery.

It barely registers as much more than a terrible reclad and paint job.

RI notes that the gap is closing their flagship at Bloor and Bay. Lotta retail space there. If I were Holt Renfrew I'd move my Men's Store there (which, if the lobby access to the office build was reconfigured to a bay street access point vs bloor street) could also have a direct connection to the main store and would have the corner windows...
Didnt they just re-model this location?

Back