News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

And this is why these stores don't have to look very busy...

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/style/shop-talk/2012/07/05/introducing-porsche-design/

The Porsche Design shop on Bloor Street feels like some sort of Las Vegas show room. Eye candy lines every corner, and none of it’s decorative—everything has a price tag. Who’s buying all these extravagant items? Well, Porsche Design is known as a “toy store for men,” and it’s impossible to disagree. There are gorgeous pipes for the daily smoker, beautiful pens for the suited type who needs a gift for his boss, lightweight knives for the at-home chef, various pieces of luggage for the red-eye commuter, and even a $275,000 limited edition rose gold Le Mans watch for, um, the wealthiest of wealthy gentleman (this particular item already sold, believe it or not).

vuittonj9.jpg

Looks like Mendocino is officially leaving the area.

mendocinoclosing.jpg

If Escada is indeed moving in, I wonder who's going to go into Escada (at the same time, I wonder who is moving into the current LV House (and Tiffany's)?)

Last edited:
It's interesting how they say that Tory burch and Kate spade opted out of joining mink mile. Then again, they also mention that bloor is virtually full with no empty stores. So....

Looks like Colliers has spilled the beans on D&G moving on to Bloor. Just not sure where yet. My guess is the existing Escada spot once they move. The rumour still is that Dior is taking over LV once they move.

http://www.collierscanada.com/en/News/2012/Colliers Global Retail Report Midyear 2012

Excerpt:

As somewhat expected, Toronto’s Bloor Street retained its status as Canada’s most expensive shopping strip, thanks in large part to new leases and expansions by Louis Vuitton, D&G and Tiffany & Co.

Relatively lower retail rents on Bloor is indicative of a Canadian culture more focused on diverting available after tax dollars to housing costs & debt service than widespread consumerism. Winners on Bloor? Purely Canadian.

There is an inconspicuous for lease sign on one of the corners of the HUGO Hugo Boss store on Cumberland and Old York Lane. My prediction is this: when Tiffany's moves out, HUGO will take the space, thereby consolidating their stores on Bloor.

There is an inconspicuous for lease sign on one of the corners of the HUGO Hugo Boss store on Cumberland and Old York Lane. My prediction is this: when Tiffany's moves out, HUGO will take the space, thereby consolidating their stores on Bloor.

That would make the Hugo Boss store over 20,000 square feet. Possible, but remember that Salvatore Ferragamo was also looking for space on Bloor and that would be a good location for them.

Just wanted to point one other thing out about the lease rates survey. Last year Colliers indicated that Ste. Catherine's St. in Montreal was tied for top spot with Bloor at $292. Now if they are saying that Bloor increased by 3.3% that would make lease rates $301 not $310, so either last year's was wrong or someone can't do basic math at Colliers. They're at least more in line with C&W now though. Also, where the hell did Ste. Catherine's go this year!? Either their lease rates dropped below $45 dollars making it the single largest drop in the world (which is unlikely) or Colliers didn't include them in the survey. Queen West is also noticeably absent. I don't really have a point - just ranting.

Back