News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 895     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Interest doesn't translate to leases if everyone's priced out of the market. How long has unit #4 just next door been vacant? It's a beautiful spot with a great history, I'm sure many are interested in it.
Clearly, no retailer is guaranteed success, or success in any one spot; that said, I don't think any overall sense of alarm is justified at this point.

Prospective tenants are already touring the Nordstrom Rack space.

That's not a guarantee of any deal or deals being done, of course, some spaces awkward and others, well capitalized landlords don't want to rent at any less than 'x' per ft2, and so some spaces will sit empty.

But there's plenty of interest in Yorkville, as in almost any other decent retail location in the City.
Any rumblings about the prime spaces now available along Bloor i.e. Hakim, Holts (mens), D&G ?

The former H&M space at 15 Bloor W............is....becoming..........

A Fabricland? LOL Really? Apparently so.

It's just part of the fabric of Yorkville.

All joking aside I'm not surprised. Those of a certain vintage may recall that the Dollarama in 2 Bloor East was at one point a Fabricland.

When you think "Mink Mile" I wonder if Dollarama or Fabricland comes to mind first.
It's just part of the fabric of Yorkville.

All joking aside I'm not surprised. Those of a certain vintage may recall that the Dollarama in 2 Bloor East was at one point a Fabricland.

There is an explanation. See my post over here:

When you think "Mink Mile" I wonder if Dollarama or Fabricland comes to mind first.
How about we stop thinking about it as the “Mink Mile”, when it has/had Pottery Barn, Winners, Roots, Aritzia, Zara, etc.?

There was a Spirits Halloween store two doors down from where the Fabricland is about to go, for Pete’s sake.

It’s not a magical land where only luxury brands can grow, and forcing it to be such only harms the people living in the area (including the large number of students), and gives false justification to landlords that they can charge outrageous prices for a lease.

The former H&M space at 15 Bloor W............is....becoming..........

A Fabricland? LOL Really? Apparently so.

Oh darn... I hadn't realized this H&M closed. Didn't the Queen/Spadina location close recently too? Was really handy as a student, and even just a visitor to the area, to grab something really quick.

How about we stop thinking about it as the “Mink Mile”, when it has/had Pottery Barn, Winners, Roots, Aritzia, Zara, etc.?

There was a Spirits Halloween store two doors down from where the Fabricland is about to go, for Pete’s sake.

It’s not a magical land where only luxury brands can grow, and forcing it to be such only harms the people living in the area (including the large number of students), and gives false justification to landlords that they can charge outrageous prices for a lease.

At this point i would be happy with a Shoppers Drug Mart lol. I'm so sick and tired of seeing papered up store fronts sitting empty on this street and else where in the city.

Last edited:
It’s not a magical land where only luxury brands can grow, and forcing it to be such only harms the people living in the area

Given the amount of luxury cars, and people wearing designer clothing I see down there, I'd have to wonder how much this really would harm them?

At this point i would be happy with a Shoppers Drug Mart lol. I'm so sick and tired of seeing papered up store fronts sitting empty on this street and else where in the city.

You'll be happy to know, several major Bloor properties (retail) have new lessees coming. Announcements should follow soon.

Yonge between Wellesley and Bloor is pretty bad too.

I think this mainly the 10 St.Mary Assembly, and the abandoned Scientology building.

I gather the former will be moving ahead in the next while, though the details are taking forever to wrap-up.

No clue on the latter.

Given the amount of luxury cars, and people wearing designer clothing I see down there, I'd have to wonder how much this really would harm them?
Yeah, and how many of those people do you actually think live here?

You'll be happy to know, several major Bloor properties (retail) have new lessees coming. Announcements should follow soon.

I think this mainly the 10 St.Mary Assembly, and the abandoned Scientology building.

I gather the former will be moving ahead in the next while, though the details are taking forever to wrap-up.

No clue on the latter.
@Northern Light Any news on new lessees for the Bloor St strip?? Looking forward to hearing!

Back