News   Feb 26, 2021
 400     0 
News   Feb 26, 2021
 1.1K     4 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Bayer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like work at Bloor St. Market has been completed: A minor facelift, more space for prepared foods, no more fish/butcher section and the addition of a few self checkouts. I wouldn't call any of this an improvement. No sign of actual expansion.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Maisy I trust to try to aspire to quality; the Weston's I am much more dubious about.

They aimed high at Maple Leaf Gardens; but have watered down many of that store's best features in the years since.

zang

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maisy I trust to try to aspire to quality; the Weston's I am much more dubious about.

They aimed high at Maple Leaf Gardens; but have watered down many of that store's best features in the years since.
I feel like the Weston’s and Eataly will eventually clash. Eataly takes quality and consistently very seriously. The Weston’s take making a profit on the backs of quality and consistency very seriously.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
Dior is getting its exterior reveal today, sort of.
F95C4016-D33B-4B20-809E-876088C2859F.jpeg

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
^ Wow! Had no idea they were in triouble and no idea the Rosen's were part owners. That's a really high profile corner.

From styledemocracy.com;

Long-standing Toronto retailer, Davids Footwear, was recently placed in receivership.

For those unaware, receivership is when a “receiver” is appointed by a creditor to take over all of the assets, undertakings, and properties from the debtor. In the retail world, a receiver will host liquidation sales so that creditors can recoup their money.
In Davids Footwear’s case, Richter Advisory Group has been made the receiver by Rosejack Investments, which owns 70% of Davids and is affiliated with Larry Rosen, the CEO of Harry Rosen. Larry Rosen is also a Director of Rosejack Investments and Director and CEO of Davids.

https://www.styledemocracy.com/davids-footwear-receivership/

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
And from Urban Toronto Retail here is the listing for the H&M store at 15 Bloor West;

Retail Property For Lease
15 Bloor Street West

Iconic Bloor Street West Retail for Lease
  • One door west of the intersection of Bloor & Yonge and directly next door to The One condominium
  • Immediate co-tenancy includes the Holt Renfrew Canadian Flagship and Eataly
  • Near term co-tenancy includes Apple
  • February 1st, 2020 or earlier
  • Please contact listing agents for further details

http://urbanretailtoronto.com/property/15-bloor-street-west-2/

pw20

Member Bio
Reaction score
And from Urban Toronto Retail here is the listing for the H&M store at 15 Bloor West;

Retail Property For Lease
15 Bloor Street West

Iconic Bloor Street West Retail for Lease
  • One door west of the intersection of Bloor & Yonge and directly next door to The One condominium
  • Immediate co-tenancy includes the Holt Renfrew Canadian Flagship and Eataly
  • Near term co-tenancy includes Apple
  • February 1st, 2020 or earlier
  • Please contact listing agents for further details

http://urbanretailtoronto.com/property/15-bloor-street-west-2/

FWIW - I don't think the H&M will close. The building was sold a year or so ago and I suspect the landlord is testing the market to see if they could get more money for the building. (This happened to the Club Monaco space awhile ago too - it was on the market and CM ended up renegotiating the space).

This was the listing for when the bldg was sold: http://urbanretailtoronto.com/code/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/15-Bloor-St-W-Flyer.pdf

"Upon H&M’s lease term expiry, an investor is well positioned to dramatically leverage the benefits of this transformative development and co-tenancy." H&M's lease is expiring but I suspect the landlord is finding the 2019 retail market fairly different from even the 2017 retail market!!