Looks like work at Bloor St. Market has been completed: A minor facelift, more space for prepared foods, no more fish/butcher section and the addition of a few self checkouts. I wouldn't call any of this an improvement. No sign of actual expansion.
I feel like the Weston’s and Eataly will eventually clash. Eataly takes quality and consistently very seriously. The Weston’s take making a profit on the backs of quality and consistency very seriously.Maisy I trust to try to aspire to quality; the Weston's I am much more dubious about.
They aimed high at Maple Leaf Gardens; but have watered down many of that store's best features in the years since.
And from Urban Toronto Retail here is the listing for the H&M store at 15 Bloor West;
Retail Property For Lease
15 Bloor Street West
Iconic Bloor Street West Retail for Lease
- One door west of the intersection of Bloor & Yonge and directly next door to The One condominium
- Immediate co-tenancy includes the Holt Renfrew Canadian Flagship and Eataly
- Near term co-tenancy includes Apple
- February 1st, 2020 or earlier
- Please contact listing agents for further details