News   Aug 09, 2024
 849     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 691     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 3K     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

http://www.prowinko.com/en/ca
Netherlands real estate investment company, they appear to be a major LL on Bloor St W (horading up with their web site) at 110 Bloor St W. They also own 3 properties along Queen St W (Brandy Melville, FCUK- head office as well and Crocs).

Actually they have provided financing for the Bloor and Queen St properties noted on their web site.
"Prowinko Canada Inc. C$72-million financing of 110 Bloor Street West, Toronto and five other upscale retail properties as part of a multi-property, multi-lender financing com http://www.blakes.com/English/WhatWeDo/Practices/CommercialRealEstate/Pages/Financing.aspxpleted in two tranches".

Last edited:
Tiffany's on bloor has officially opened. 5800 sq ft space on two floors.

It has officially opened, but the construction workers were SCRAMBLING this morning to get it "finished". The entryway looks really sloppy. Among several other things, the tiles around the front door are loose and uneven. It'll be fine tomorrow, I'm sure.

tiffanya31.jpg

The Magnum pop-up has closed. I'm surprised it didn't stick around for TIFF.

There's now a proper thread for Hazelton Lanes, with appropriate posts originally from this thread carefully selected and moved into in, in anticipation of much more news as the redevelopment plans move forward. You can find it here.

The Magnum pop-up has closed. I'm surprised it didn't stick around for TIFF.

Well Tiff has moved much more to the entertainment area - King West - I've noticed the last few years very few Tiff crowds along Yonge and Bloor.

So I guess the guessing games continues who will take the space?

Well Tiff has moved much more to the entertainment area - King West - I've noticed the last few years very few Tiff crowds along Yonge and Bloor.

So I guess the guessing games continues who will take the space?

Yeah, but Magnum could have drawn some people back. They could even have held events there.

The only TIFF venues uptown now are the Bader Theater at Vic and the Bloor Theatre (unless they are still doing press screenings at the Varsity). I doubt that that many people would schlep up to get an ice cream between movies.

This thread has been inactive for over a month now. Does anyone know who's taking over the old roots and Tiffany's stores??

Given a for lease sign went up (I'm not sure how recent) I doubt anyone has an answer. Also a lease sign on the old Magnum temporary store as well.

I'm surprised rents on Bloor went up this year; For all the talk about how well Bloor does there have been a handful of long lived vacancies; And that's significant given how small a stretch we are referring too ..

I think rents will start to drop soon and I imagine Yorkdale is really what is taking a bite out of business here. Yorkville proper seems stable, there are vacancies but not more then a couple years back - a lot of the stores here are not found elsewhere though i.e. more boutiques compared to the well known high end brands that have also been opening in Yorkdale.

Back