News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 940     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

This is what I see happening in the area...

Sachs moving into the Y&B Hudson Bay will be a huge winner particularly since the zone will be supported by the arrival of 1BE and the Bloor revitalization which extended to Jarvis. This area will become the new hub. All Sachs needs to do is resolve the bunker architecture - not sure how. Holt Renfrew is vulnerable because their floor plan is small, incoherent, too many brands with small selection. Their plan to redevelop the site will take 10 years at which point Sachs will be settled in.

At the other end of the strip Neiman Marcus might do well if they could be lured into Hazelton Lanes. Its not right on Bloor, but that also means leasing costs are less. Its distinct advantage would be a unique Mall experience - Whole Foods, Equinox, great parking and less congestion. I could see some women spending a whole day there in February. If they could get an LCBO it would be a real win. Lastly as the former Four Seasons site gets completed this will help build another bridge to Yorkville & Scollard.

Harry Rosen is somewhat threatened because they don't have as much scale as the new entrants, but they do have well trained, long-term sales staff and huge sales at their Bloor location. But either Sachs or NM might be able to lure over a couple of lines who don't get enough play at Harry's.

This is what I see happening in the area...

Sachs moving into the Y&B Hudson Bay will be a huge winner particularly since the zone will be supported by the arrival of 1BE and the Bloor revitalization which extended to Jarvis. This area will become the new hub. All Sachs needs to do is resolve the bunker architecture - not sure how. Holt Renfrew is vulnerable because their floor plan is small, incoherent, too many brands with small selection. Their plan to redevelop the site will take 10 years at which point Sachs will be settled in.

At the other end of the strip Neiman Marcus might do well if they could be lured into Hazelton Lanes. Its not right on Bloor, but that also means leasing costs are less. Its distinct advantage would be a unique Mall experience - Whole Foods, Equinox, great parking and less congestion. I could see some women spending a whole day there in February. If they could get an LCBO it would be a real win. Lastly as the former Four Seasons site gets completed this will help build another bridge to Yorkville & Scollard.

Harry Rosen is somewhat threatened because they don't have as much scale as the new entrants, but they do have well trained, long-term sales staff and huge sales at their Bloor location. But either Sachs or NM might be able to lure over a couple of lines who don't get enough play at Harry's.

Except that Neiman Marcus isn't coming to Canada and their average store size is 150,000 square feet... which would take up over 50% of Hazelton Lanes... And I don't think the Bloor-Yorkville BIA extends to Jarvis - it only extends to Church - hence why the paving stopped there. I think we're more likely to see the BIA re-do Bay Street o match Bloor Street.

I do think that Saks will go to Yonge and Bloor - I'd love to see what they did to Selfridges in Birmingham to the Yonge Bloor Bay/Saks - The Selfridges facade comprises 15,000 anodised aluminium discs mounted on a blue background.

Hasn't Nordstoms' already announced their locations they are opening in Canada?

They've announced secured leases.
Ottawa
Yorkdale
Sherway

Vancouver Pacific Centre
Calgary

They've stated they will have a total of 8 - 10 stores in the market. I suspect Edmonton and Winnipeg will get one store. I believe they will open three stores in Toronto with the third being downton but my understanding is that they were interested in the eaton centre.

A flagship store for nordterom is around 200k square feet. Yorkdale I'd 180k. I believe the pacific centre store willmclockmin at 220k. Hazelton lanes has about 250k of square feet currently (even with an expansion) I can't seem them creating an additional 100k of retail space for a Nordstrom and I don't think Nordstrom will want that location.

Does anyone have any idea who will be moving into 1 Bloor? How much retail space is in there, again?

Does anyone have any idea who will be moving into 1 Bloor? How much retail space is in there, again?

There's about 100,000 square feeet on three floors (basement, first and second). Nothing confirmed.
http://www.firstgulf.com/pdf-property/One_Bloor.pdf

Also - my understanding is that Equinox is going to move into a second floor of Hazelton Lanes above its exiting gym - or something like that - the plan is very much to stay in the mall. (retail insider had asked what was happening to Equinox).

Tiffany & Co.

tiff.jpg

From the Bloor Yorkville BIA Facebook page.

Attachments

• tiff.jpg
    tiff.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 506
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5S 2W7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 223149 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Aug 20, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor unit #410 for retail store "J.Crew" (600m2)

Back