News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

There had been a lot of talk about a big US retailer could this be attempt to create the space for one? Or maybe Holts wants to temporarily relocate in advance of their new project.

There had been a lot of talk about a big US retailer could this be attempt to create the space for one? Or maybe Holts wants to temporarily relocate in advance of their new project.

I'm not sure if it's big enough for Holts, though.

First Capital just acquired major retail along Yorkville Ave - Teatro Verde/Diesel and Sunglass Hut/Anthropolgie. Deal only includes these 4 retail units, total GLA about 28K sf. Doesn't include the residential/condo above at both buildings. They paid $52-million.

I'd like to see Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma staying put but Roots...don't let the door hit your leather ass on the way out. If Torontos first flagship Apple store is built there then that will be a true sign that god is alive and well.

First Capital just acquired major retail along Yorkville Ave - Teatro Verde/Diesel and Sunglass Hut/Anthropolgie. Deal only includes these 4 retail units, total GLA about 28K sf. Doesn't include the residential/condo above at both buildings. They paid $52-million.

Whoa....are you saying that those guys are being kicked out?

Jul 27

rycm.jpg

njs4.jpg

He's not saying that at all. First Capital - is a property management and development company. Why would they kick out triple a tenants...

This is a pure investment play, these retail units are generating huge rental income, with long-term leases in place. I wouldn't be surprised if they chase the victorian homes along Yorkville Ave, and start a serious assembly. I would like them to somehow connect Hazelton Lanes to Yorkville Ave so that there's continuity between the two.

I'm not convinced party barn and the like are closing, I agree there leases are up, because the lease page does stage the spaces "may be" available.

Time will tell !

Expected to be announced tomorrow, Hudson's Bay buys Saks Fifth Avenue and looks to bring the brand to Canada. I guarantee, Yonge/Bloor will be converted to Saks Fifth Avenue, of course after a major (and much needed) renovation.

Hudson’s Bay Co. is close to sealing a deal to buy Saks Inc., a move that would see the U.S. luxury department-store retailer being launched in Canada along with its Saks Off Fifth discount sister chain.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...-to-sealing-deal-to-buy-saks/article13475918/

I'm not convinced party barn and the like are closing, I agree there leases are up, because the lease page does stage the spaces "may be" available.

Time will tell !

I agree... as I mentioned this happened with Club Monaco. The space was technically "for lease" as both the Landlord and Club Monaco evaluated opportunities. Bloor Street has changed dramatically since this complex opened and the landlord, quite rightfully probably wants to renegotiate rents. Unlike Roots, however, PB and Williams-Sonoma are growing, whereas Roots has been slowly shrinking its square footage over the last few years.

Bauhaus - agreed. Its a great long-term play. They also own Hazelton Lanes giving them significant square footage of retail space in Yorkville.

Back